Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Placeholder trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    John please clarify this comment.
    Are you saying that using more than one placeholder on a page named <head> is wrong?
    Well, there's nothing wrong with it. Use as many as you like. But if you don't wan't to encounter this bug, I would suggest you don't.
    As you can see from my previous post I have already clarified that this is a bug. It was supposed to work well with multiple <head> placeholders. But as you can see, it doesn't always do. So untill the bug is fixed, it's better to keep all the header code in the single placeholder per page.

But what I was actually saying is that the content of the second placeholder was not a reason of this issue.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    But what I was actually saying is that the content of the second placeholder was not a reason of this issue.
    Yet removing it fixed the problem, but as you say - a bug.

I tried to repeat this bug in a new blank document, having the two <head> placeholders and the same code as Mikes - but could not get the doubled favicon line to appear.
    Could there also be a link with having the favicon <head> placeholder set as a repeating object across multiple (different sized) pages?

I tried to repeat this bug in a new blank document, having the two <head> placeholders
    Have you tried it with multipage document having placeholders on several pages?
    and the same code as Mikes
    No, the content has no influence on this. That's for sure.

Just avoid using multiple head placeholders per page for now as it's risky.
    I don't think it's a big constrain since you have a single <head> element in your page and it's not a huge problem to put all your code into a single placeholder. Is it?

Until it's fixed.
    John.

No, the content has no influence on this. That's for sure.
    Yet removing it fixed the problem - so there was clearly some influence yes?

Just avoid using multiple head placeholders per page for now as it's risky.
    I don't recall another instance of this being reported, so the risk is low.
    As asked before, could there also be a link with having the favicon <head> placeholder set as a 'repeating object' across multiple (different sized) pages (rather than just manually duplicated)?

.. it's not a huge problem to put all your code into a single placeholder. Is it?
    Until it's fixed - nope.
    After it's fixed, having got used to the work-around, the fix may be redundant

Yet removing it fixed the problem - so there was clearly some influence yes?
    How can removing prove content independence? Does content replacing change anything? No it doesn't. So this is not content dependent.
    I don't recall another instance of this being reported, so the risk is low.
    Not quite. It's 100% repeatable if you have 2 head placeholders on the page in the multipage document that has head placeholders on multiple pages.
    As asked before, could there also be a link with having the favicon <head> placeholder set as a 'repeating object' across multiple (different sized) pages (rather than just manually duplicated)?
    No. This is not it.
    After it's fixed, having got used to the work-around, the fix may be redundant
    True, true...
    John.