Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Text Link

Default Text Link

Hello everybody.

It's been a while, and things are going good. I've come across a new problem though (new to me at least). How do I link specific (highlighted) text to another page without affecting my nav bar (which is already linked to various pages, and placed in a soft group)?

As always, your help is very much appreciated

Chris.

Default Re: Text Link

Select the text you want to have as a link using the text tool and dragging over the word(s) then right click, select web properties and select link to page. Choose the page you want to link to. Job done

Hello

Thanks for the reply. The problem is (which I should have explained - sorry), is changing text colours (in web properties). The original text (that I highlight) is white. I then right click and link the text to a page. The text will then change colour (to the colours set in 'website link colours'). I then change the colours I want for the highlighted text. Unfortunately, this action then changes the properties for all the linked text in my web site, including all the text in the (soft grouped) nav bar. Is it possible to change the properties of specific linked text without affecting the whole docoment?

Yes it's possible with some CSS fudging around.
    This came up sometime ago when I created this example - but I can't find the thread right now.

See the attached .web file for details.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sledger

Thanks for that......er, dunno what it means, but thanks anyway!
    I get the feeling this is not really possible within the basic functionality of this otherwise excellent programme. Not to worry. Ill just have to try it another way.

I am trying to link specific text within a paragraph - 'contact us for more details' - to the contact us page...............any ideas?

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jaz Man View Post
    I am trying to link specific text within a paragraph - 'contact us for more details' - to the contact us page...............any ideas?
    Yes indeed Chris - see my posted example above

I had a look at the example. Unfortunately I am a mere copy and paste kinda guy, the code means absolutely nothing to me I'm affraid. Though I am sure it will do the job; unless I can put a box on the page and copy and paste a bit of code into the place holder then I may as well be swimming with the fish on my screensaver! I do appreciate your time and help though.

You can switch off the global settings for link colour on individual links within web-properties if that helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tjm1.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	64368  

You could switch your buttons in the nav over to be graphics by grouping, then use the text links elsewhere in the site, otherwise using the suggested method of including things using CSS (which doesn't work well in the body unless the whole body is going to be done this way).

It would be a great upgrade (and similar in request as the idea of styles)...this would be pretty easy...allow a few of these text options that can be selected per link, so you can have a few different color combos available...sizes would be another great option here.