Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question why do i get a red dotted line when copy a picutre into page?

i think i read what the dotted line means but i could not find how to stop it and dont understand how i got it in the first place.

even when i copy something on the page it will copy as a red dotted line
    think its named a cut out or like that. i get what it means.

Also, i still have got no responce on why my gallery , well all the pictures on my website which enlarge the same way, the way so as you may click on another one on the page, if there is room to see another one... It will show that one , with a nice white back ground.

but last week, I had a freak out for two days. i mean i just couldnt do anything but felt like giving up.

every picture had the webpage as its background, around the sides of the pic etc. no more nice wihite back ground.

some pics have frames some are just picture holders , Im not into frames.

well any help on the red dotted lines would be cool.

i re made twenty pages and checking them now. to see if they are correct on the web.

what i did was reinstall WD and also used Extreme Pro.
    which is weird cause one uses .web files and the other .xar. why i have no clue. makes it a pain. but sure there must be a good reason.
    extreme wont save as a .web file.

so i work around it. hey the mountain doesn't always come to mohammad or sometin like that.

well
    thanks

later

dave meganfoxshrine.com .. I found the addon part of the xara site and am tryng to learn more . got some .web .xar files users created and other info.
    yea "addon" may not be the correct name. but its a nice part of xara.

i have it so i can get to it. no matter the name lol

btw i uploaded two files .web at the othe post about the weird photo issue with back grounds. search under my name should find it . i have bout five posts

dave
    D♦

Default Re: why do i get a red dotted line when copy a picutre into page?

'Red Dotted Lines' probably means you are adding your shapes or pictures to the 'Guides Layer'
    Make certain you have the MouseOff layer selected before you import or draw shapes to the page layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guides-layer.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	64297  

Default Re: why do i get a red dotted line when copy a picutre into page?

extreme wont save as a .web file.
    Yes it can Dave:

File>>Export Save as Type: *.web

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtreme-saves-as-web.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	64298

Thumbs up Re: why do i get a red dotted line when copy a picutre into page?

and I knew that, well should have remembered because I had done it in the last few days rebuilding most all my pages. thanks for not being harsh.
    i deserve a kic in the crotch for askin a dum one.
    -------------JUST chked file.. YES the "Guides" layer was selected. Prob done it in my sleep. really. I worked all day and night and two times woke up with a file and 35K letter K's and J's where the next text was being typed. you can say i fell asleeep wether i wanted to or not. lol/// and yes, i have had "keyboard face"... I avoid large bowls of soup under my head when working. the worst ive had is mashed potatoes, Fresh of course.
    good news is i thnk reinstalling may have fixed whatever corrupted my files.
    i dont thnk it was or is a virus cause i run so many dif top softwares its over kill. sometimes i wonder if too many optimizers is not really optimizing anymore.
    --------EDIT num 3 , I used the tool bar and selected "show guides" like "show grid". good thing im not really a cat.
    well no more edits. work to do.
    read guides, read layers,update site, peace on earth, ,, check.

well,

this is closed
    thanks again. especially for being so fast. the red lines one.
    i have not began to actually use layers purposly yet.

still reading reading.

wehn i do, i will be able to do some cool stuff

later
    Last edited by newWebDesigner1; 31 July 2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: chng
    D♦