Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Once Again I Am Pleading For You Assistance

Hi Guys, you have always helped me out of the poo poo and I just want to thank each and every person who has helped me sort out a problem, but here I am once again calling you to please help me!

I cannot get the CSS correct on this site, http://www.psptubez.com/golf_club/index.html

I cannot line up the header with the main body of the site. This happened even before I sliced up the header image, so that has nothing to do with it.
    I need everything to be 1000 pixels wide and I have studied all settings in the CSS adding up numbers and made sure that the image was 1000 pixels wide.

Now my CSS knowledge is Zilch, but I really do not know why I delve into these projects <giggle>

I will attached a screen shot where you can see the AWFUL overlap (By the red arrow) and I will attach a wordpad file of my CSS, I hope that this is everything you need to know, apart from I made it in Dreamweaver and I had made that index page from my template which is really a direct copy, using the same css style sheet and I have no idea as to how to fix this.

Can you help - sorry about the essay, bless you for reading it all!

Kindest regards

Barry

PS: The text is temporay and bad and will be replaced, I have nothing to do with that. Just thought I would mention it, it must be my awful ego creeping in again, it is so evil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alignment.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	64247  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato

Default Re: Once Again I Am Pleading For You Assistance

Hi Barry,

I see what you mean.
    Also the bottom (footer) links are well out of place when viewed with Google Chrome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barry.png 
Views:	230 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	64251

I'm no CSS writer either, why not save your self from the pain and recreate this site in Xara Web Designer or Xtreme 5 ???
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 July 2009 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks for the help and telling me about the footer Sledger! Gee!!
    Maybe someone else can help I do not have the Xara you are talking about. If I do not get help here I will ask one of my client friends on my site, she is a CSS fundi deluxe!! Always a problem and thanks for having a look see! Bless you!!
    Last edited by barrym67; 29 July 2009 at 11:56 PM.
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by barrym67 View Post
    I do not have the Xara you are talking about.
    Buy a copy and charge the client the (tiny) additional $49 US
    Web Designer uses CSS positioning and exports all the code. All you need to do is design the pages