Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Cut and past

Question Cut and past

PLEASE! bring back the old cut and paste behavior so that when I select things on different layers they paste in to one layer NOT back on to all their original layers (when used with paste in place this is a NIGHTMARE if you deselect anything). The new way it works is annoying and slows down workflow. (I didn't realise how much I used this feature until it was destroyed) If you really must keep this feature can you make it a new kind of paste - paste with layers.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 July 2009 at 09:33 PM.

Default Re: Cut and past

Personally I find that, whilst the new method does slow some operations down it speeds others up.

On balance therefore I'm in favour

That said, having two separate keystroke operations gets my vote: one for paste into layers and one for paste into same layer, as suggested

The current way of doing it is 'clumsy' IMO
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

+1

I'm with you, Squeaky. To date, I've had no need to paste with layers. All it does is complicate what used to be smooth and simple tasks.

I think your suggestion about creating a separate type of paste operation is a good one.

Would the same as AI not be the solution where you have the "Paste in Front" option?
    Design is thinking made visual.

The desired layer may not be in front of the layers where the selected objects reside.