Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Round Corner Code

I was going to compare Rectangles with round corners made in Xara
    to this code that makes round corners in a Mozilla browser.

Round - All Corners
    -moz-border-radius: 20px;

Round - Individual Corners

-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
    -moz-border-radius-topright: 20px;
    -moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 10px;
    -moz-border-radius-bottomright: 10px;

I created a place holder rectangle, and attached the code but when previewed the rectangle turned into the code.

so where exactly would this code need to be on the index page?
    EDIT: Added new Code (from article about Rounded Corners - .net Magazine)
    Last edited by sadicus; 29 July 2009 at 02:55 PM.
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Default Re: Round Corner Code

I'm not sure what that is - looks like part CSS and part HTML. I should all be CSS, but in that case, it either needs to go in the <head> section (create a placeholder, name it <head>, and put the properly formatted code in there) or it can go inline, but needs to be reformatted to <div>...</div> with the ... being the appropriate <style> stuff.

Either way, you only have a partial solution here that needs to be further fleshed out. See where you get with the <head> part, then in your other placeholder, reference the <div> class you specify in the CSS. Gotta say, though, that I don't know how practical this method is for replacing something that will make so little difference if the rounded rectangle graphics are created and exported right from Xara.

Thanks for the info
    I'm just making comparisons, and trying to better understand how HTML code works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTML_Code.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	64235  
    sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

Sadicus,

Since you updated your original post, some of what I said in the response may now look lioke nonsense...

Still, what you have put there are still just CSS directives. They would need to be associated with some class or something to be attached then to html objects which would be referenced in the placeholder. Those directives are only a part of the description of the object they are describing. Other things like size, margins, padding, background images/colors, etc can be a part of that.

Does that make sense? (if you change the code again, please do so in an update to the post so that the conversation makes sense later)