Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Auto create boundling box for selected objects

Hi,

One feature which I often miss when using XXP for creating graphics for the net is a tool like: "Create boundling box for selected objects".

The actual case is when I am creating an arrow to be used in an unordered (UL) list on a website. The image need some 3 pixel space above. So the not exsiting tool would allow me to select the objects which make up the arrow, create a boundling box, increase the hight of the boundling box, group the arrow and boundling box and finally export it as a GIF file.

Any good practices out there for such work? I just remembered that a friend of mine who were creating stickers also needed such a tool when sending the drawing to the plotter (which in this case cuts in to folio for stickers :-)).
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Auto create boundling box for selected objects

Hi Netsi,

If I were you I would just create you own bounding box for your gif by creating a rectangle behind your drawing, change the color to the background color that you want and resizing it to the desired size and including it in your export. If you want a transparent background you should be able to make your "bounding box" transparent by applying a flat transparency set at 99.5%. I don't have Xara on this machine so I can't test this out right now, but it should work.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.