Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Corel v10

Folks, I have CorelDRAW 10 Suite installed on my Windows 98SE. While there were a few glitches during installation, it runs just fine. I have not experienced any greater lock-up frequency than with versions 8 or 9. Still testing, but I have had to revert to version 9 only once so far.

One rather interesting problem: I created a graphic in draw that was a fairly simple organization chart with drop shadows on the rectangles. When I tried to import it into a PowerPoint presentation through the clipboard, it both displayed and printed heavily distorted and pixellated. Exporting it as a wmf worked fine. Saving it as a version 9 file and then opening it in 9 and importing through the clipboard also worked correctly. I haven't had time to try this with any other files yet. Any ideas why this happens?
    IP

I've had CDraw since version 2, I've wasted many hours trying to get things to work right, suffered heartbreak and stress, but eventually I managed and saw the potential for this application. I skipped version 3 and 7 and enjoyed v 8. I really wanted some of the new features in v 9 so when v 10 came out I rushed out and got it. What a fool am I! the docker feature in both Draw and Paint causes a complete crash immediately, no fancy wizard to at least try to document it and that ateune feature Corel has is even less helpful. I read the box and it indicates it will work with win98 so I will continue using v 8 till that bug fix comes out.
    IP