Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corel v10

Hybrid View

Hi Ziggy, born in 52, me too, cool. I can dig what your saying, I make some cash with Draw 3 on an old 386 and an engraving plotter.

Hi Greg,
    >>So Mike how are you a moderator in the Corel Draw forum if you don't like the program?

I don't recall writing "I don't like the program", I said I felt ripped off when I see the price reduction and I said "software" I think that would apply to all of em. Bitchin? I read just about all the messages, I haven't seen anyone bitchin in this forum, so I don't know what your talking about. How am I a moderator, Well I was invited to co-moderate the freelance discussion when Corel net was alive, Chris put my name on the Draw discussion, maybe you should ask him. The truth is I still use draw 7 so I can't say anything about or beyond draw 7, thats one reason I haven't been very active in this forum. I have been looking at Photoshop 6 and comparing it to photo paint 7, I haven't seen anything I can't do with photopaint 7 that can be done with photoshop, but the results seem to be a bit better with photoshop 6 and it should be, I'm ready for a change.

Hey Corelman,

>>Sorry Greg I ment to say I agree with your opinion and disagree with Mikes.

Get it right dude, you could have edited your first message then you wouldn't have had to apologize. I don't host anything except parties when I have one, I have never Beta tested anything unless I made it.

So thanks Guys for answering my question, as far as I can tell the answer is Yes, Yes and Yes.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on November 08, 2000 at 09:57 PM.]
    IP

So Mike how are you a moderator in the Corel Draw forum if you don't like the program? I/Us use to be a useful resource for Corel Draw users to come and discuss things. Ever since it changed to the I/Us format from the old one (I forget what it was called back about 3 years ago) the quality of this forum has disintigrated in a Corel Bitch group. That's why so few people come here. If your bitching about the upgrades look at Adobe. How many weeks was it between Photoshop 5.5 and 6.0? Finally I certainly wouldn't use Xara for the work that I do (4 color printing, etc). So your statement about Xara being a better program is false.
    IP

Further to Fontman's original post, has anyone had any success getting Draw 10 to run on Win98 (or win98SE)?

It seems surprising to me that such an obvious problem would have slipped through inhouse and beta testing.
    IP

Gee Fontman if you really don't like Corel Draw why are you using it? I'm sure there is something better out there for you.
    IP

Hi Ranchhand,

I've been using CorelDRAW since V2 and am now working in Corel 10. To me, I think CD5 and CD7 worked out REALLY well, and the dog of all dogs was Corel 6.

I live in the Baltimore/Washington area and have had the blessing of several service bureaus that work very well with Corel files. Granted, I rely heavily on Photoshop (my raster program of choice), but Draw has really done wonders for myself and my career. Most of my work is output in the form of exhibits and visual presentations. On the side, I do a lot of silk screen masters for hockey crests, and again, Corel has really come through. For the latter, on occasion, Illustrator files were required, so after I did all my designing, rendering, trapping, etc. in Corel, the files would convert nicely to Illustrator, and the "clean-up" once in AI was rather painless.

Illustrator, though, to me, is VERY labor intensive and never has come up to the level of Corel in instances such as user friendliness and innovation. Belive me, I've used Illustrator since the mid 90's (so I guess I can put my money where my mouth is), but to be honest, I'm really not that happy with it. HOWEVER, as I've stated MANY times before, to each his and/or her own as far as programs go. Whatever makes one happy. My only concern is compatibility, which in my eyes, has become much more do-able over the years.

So, in a nutshell, Corel has done it for me for the last decade (+/- a year or two). You've been blessed with my two cents!

You have a good one, y'hear!

Gary Garvin
    Laurel, MD
    IP

"Hi Ziggy, born in 52, me too, cool."

You, me and Alfred E. Neuman.
    IP

Only problem is...does anybody at Corel look or give a damn? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

I haven't seen anything I can't do with photopaint 7 that can be done with photoshop, but the results seem to be a bit better with photoshop 6 and it should be, I'm ready for a change
    ----------------------------------------------
    There is a lot of things that you can do with Shop, that can't be done with Paint 7.

You will see big differences between PP7 and PP10 after the comming SP1, and after new professionals tools that will be added soon. PP10 could be updated before V11. It has a new structure which allow this. Shop 6 is not much different than version 5.5 other than some web oriented tools, and it is very expensive. After PP10 be fine tunned. It will be better than Shop6.

I performed the following test. 180 MB Tiff image open and display in the same system.

Photoshop 5.5 = over 2 minutes.

PhotoPaint 10 = 20 seconds.

It is true that PP10 needs tune up, and a couple of tools to be better than Shop. But the time is close, and the investment smaller.

So, I advice you to wait until Spring before you jump. If you have enough budget to get both of them, go ahead.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
    MC Design Studio
    IP

David, I am running on Win98, and the only serious problem I have found is related to Dockers in Paint and RAVE with Matrox Mellenium II driver. If you undock dockers, then the problem disappear.

It will be addressed in SP1.

Draw is running fine. Sometimes CARM appears, but it is good, because it let you save your work, and continue working or just close the application. Before, you can't do nothing when a crash is present. There is not obligation to report bugs with CARM to Corel. If you please you report your problem or not, but it is not mandatory as some users think.

Still there are some bugs, but SP1 will be out soon,I hope. I unistalled V9, and by next Spring, may be I will unistall Shop.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
    MC Design Studio.
    IP

Got the both of you...born in '51 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP