Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corel v10

Do you suppose Corel knows something its users do not, until they install the program? I will post a screenshot of a "neat" goodie upon program crash...I could see this in a beta, but a final release? Come on, Corel! Get with it and support your users! See below screenshot! It should say "Our friggin program is unstable...got any ideas?"

Regards,
    The Fontman
    Soon jumping ship to be a Xaran!

[This message was edited by The Fontman on November 01, 2000 at 05:08 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture001.jpg 
Views:	1347 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	7059  
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

Do you suppose Corel knows something its users do not, until they install the program? I will post a screenshot of a "neat" goodie upon program crash...I could see this in a beta, but a final release? Come on, Corel! Get with it and support your users! See below screenshot! It should say "Our friggin program is unstable...got any ideas?"

Regards,
    The Fontman
    Soon jumping ship to be a Xaran!

[This message was edited by The Fontman on November 01, 2000 at 05:08 PM.]
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

Do not bother installing v10 on a Win98/SE system. It will not work.

So, ran out today and bought WinMe and guess what, all (so far, am knocking on wood) is working fine!

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

That screen you see is a recovery manager that allows you to safe your work or keep working without loosing data, plus it enables you to send a message to Corel informing them of the problem.

Greg
    IP

Only problem is...does anybody at Corel look or give a damn? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    IP

Gee Fontman if you really don't like Corel Draw why are you using it? I'm sure there is something better out there for you.
    IP

Cause of all the friggin money invested into it for upgrades since version 1! :>)

Kinda like some marriages...

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

I would never have guessed that Windows Me would work. I thought it was just a prettied-up version of 98. Do you have any idea WHY it works? What is different about Me structurally, as opposed to cosmetically? Any ideas? I haven't been following the magazines on this issue, so content have I been with NT. I would be grateful if you or anyone else knows why Me might work with Draw. Doesn't it still use the DOS 64K bottleneck, for instance?
    IP

I have always felt that after I pay a whoppin price for software then a few months later, they upgrade it and I see the version I have reduced in price 80% at the stores, I've been ripped off. The upgrade offers make me feel as if they are trying to keep their hands in my pocket. Its NOT something I'm pleased about, I don't buy upgrades, I use what I have, Corel Draw ver.7 has been doing what I need it to for several yrs now, although I very seldom use draw 7 any more because Xara blows it away, I still use Photo Paint 7 a lot, unless Corel wants to send me free upgrades (I'm sure they don't) my next photo paint upgrade will be Adobe Photoshop.

Somewhat Rebellious, Yes, its just the way I am

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on November 06, 2000 at 09:11 AM.]
    IP

Dunno what the internal changes are to Windoze Me vs. Win98, but it makes Corel v10 work fine. No crashes after EXTENSIVE testing!

Regards,
    The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    IP