Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corel v10

Hybrid View

Do you suppose Corel knows something its users do not, until they install the program? I will post a screenshot of a "neat" goodie upon program crash...I could see this in a beta, but a final release? Come on, Corel! Get with it and support your users! See below screenshot! It should say "Our friggin program is unstable...got any ideas?"

Regards,
    The Fontman
    Soon jumping ship to be a Xaran!

[This message was edited by The Fontman on November 01, 2000 at 05:08 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture001.jpg 
Views:	1351 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	7059  
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

Dunno what the internal changes are to Windoze Me vs. Win98, but it makes Corel v10 work fine. No crashes after EXTENSIVE testing!

Regards,
    The Fontman
    http://www.thefontman.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

Do not bother installing v10 on a Win98/SE system. It will not work.

So, ran out today and bought WinMe and guess what, all (so far, am knocking on wood) is working fine!

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

Greg

I also wonder why you even bothe to host this forum if all you are going to do is bad mouth the software. If you were on the Beta Team you had plenty of opportunitites to contact Corel directly to voice you discontent with the program.

I agree with Mike we don't need Forums like this one which discourage Corel users but rather we need Forums that encourage Corel Users. Give it a rest...
    IP

Cause of all the friggin money invested into it for upgrades since version 1! :>)

Kinda like some marriages...

The Fontman
    The Fontman
    IP

Ian, I work at a print shop where we do everything from business cards to four-color 36-page brochures in Draw. Attempting that with Illustrator would be madness. If you're planning to use Illustrator with PhotoShop and InDesign then you'll be alright, but you can start planning on three expensive and unreliable upgrades a year instead of one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Some people like Illustrator for the exact same reason that they like the Macintosh's one-button mouse: it does LESS... and some people find that comforting.

(Did anyone say, George W. Bush?)
    IP

That screen you see is a recovery manager that allows you to safe your work or keep working without loosing data, plus it enables you to send a message to Corel informing them of the problem.

Greg
    IP

I've had CDraw since version 2, I've wasted many hours trying to get things to work right, suffered heartbreak and stress, but eventually I managed and saw the potential for this application. I skipped version 3 and 7 and enjoyed v 8. I really wanted some of the new features in v 9 so when v 10 came out I rushed out and got it. What a fool am I! the docker feature in both Draw and Paint causes a complete crash immediately, no fancy wizard to at least try to document it and that ateune feature Corel has is even less helpful. I read the box and it indicates it will work with win98 so I will continue using v 8 till that bug fix comes out.
    IP

Hi gang...
    I haven't been on the site for a while because I haven't had any problems. That's why I come here.
    Now...for Draw 10...just installed it a couple of days ago and haven't realy tested it yet...I'm also still using CD9 until I learn a little more and am sure 10 is stable. So far, so good, but I had a friend who installed 10 with 9 still on her drive and it converted ALL of her Corel files to 10. Mine doesn't seem to change them until I open them in 10 and then resave.
    About WinME...I had a crash recently and had the opportunity to have it put on a new computer. It lasted about 48 hours before I ran screaming back to the shop. It is neat and works well...but not for anybody doing graphics for a living. I ran into the shop owner when I went to pick up my machine and was told they never should have put it on my machine to begin with. She said all were told,at a seminar they attended (by Microslush), NOT to seel the product to ANY business users. It was never intended for business use...just for homies.

Dean
    IP

I have to comment here. NO forum should just be a "Corel's wonderful" forum and nothing else.

I'm here because I've been with Corel since Version 3 and I need to know if Corel 10 is the dog that Corel 6 was (that cost me a fortune in waste time). When Corel are short of cash they just shove the release out the door regardless. Then I suffer! I need to know how much of a dog Corel 10 is because I'm getting the suspicion that it's being rushed out (lack of reviews in the press is always a giveaway this close to launch date).

The reviews never warn you of the important stuff (like they took ALL the map clipart out of the "enlarged" clipart library when they went from Corel Draw 8 to Corel Draw 9) or that the program doesn't print separations properly any more (I think this was Corel 6) or that the program just crashes all the time (Corel 6 again!)

I'm also considering switching to Adobe Illustrator. I think Corel lost it some time ago to be honest and although it's a pain to have to learn something new from scratch I find Adobe's other software intuitive and pretty rock solid - even if they have been a bit enthusiastic on the upgrades for Photoshop recently.

Comments here will make me decide whether or not to stick with Corel for release 10 and I want to read what some call "bitching" just as much as I want to read praise.

Ian
    IP