Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problem with updating content

Hi,
    I have now had a go with the <iframe> technique but as yet no joy. Egg's example works perfectly and is exactly how I expected the table to appear. The only difference that I would like to implement is rather than sourcing from an external server which holds the excel.htm file is to have the file within the site's resources. I've tried putting the excel.htm file inside the index_htm_files folder and then used src=index_htm_files/excel.htm but this does not work. I've also tried putting the excel.htm file in the root folder and using src=excel.htm but this doesn't work either. Does the excel.htm file have to be on an external web server?

Any advice welcome....again!
    Thanks,

Peter Walder

Works fine Peter. Just not 'locally' (on your PC HDD) in Internet Explorer (security Zone) - but will work locally in another browser (FireFox for example)
    It will work once you upload to your host.

Here's you excel.htm in an iframe online ► VIEW ONLINE
    (I shortened the placeholder and allowed scroll bars so that you can see it truly is in an iframe
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 28 July 2009 at 10:54 PM.

Many thanks for this. I have it now running in Firefox exactly as you described. Your help is much appreciated.

On a separate issue I have started experiencing some severe screen 'crashes' when using Xara. The symptoms arise (but not predictably)when scrolling the scroll bar. The crash manifests itself with a loss of the window and scroll bars, missing text in dialogue boxes, missing menus etc. When 'bits' of the window frame that are still visible are dragged I get a mouse trails effect i.e. lots of stacked windows. Sometimes refreshing the window by dragging it to the side of the screen and back to the centre semi-restores the screen but it's never usable after the crash event and after saving using Ctrl-S I have to quit Xara. Re-launching Xara solves the problem and the file which was being used seems OK (but it did occur to me that this might have been a contributing factor to the repeated content that was referred to earlier in this thread). I am a novice at anything to do with hardware but because it seems to be related to screen refreshing is it likely that there is a problem with the graphics card or maybe duff memory?......I have just had to have a new motherboard as the old one died and just wonder if this could be related.

I am using Xara 5.1.1 CD and the machine is 2.67 GHz dual core Mesh with 3.5Mb ram and running Windows XP SP3. It now has an ASUS motherboard (P5QL I think). Any advice with this one?

Peter Walder

Happy to have helped with the iframe Peter.

As for the other issue, please start a new thread for this if you would - thanks.