Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default exporting copyright sign on webpage

Hi,
    being new here I am asking for help: I create in Xara text which includes the copyright sign (circle with a "c" in it). This is displayed correctly in XaraXtreme as one would expect. However, after exporting into an htm file, on the web site it prints as a black square. The font is Arial. What to do?
    My browsers (Opera, Firefox) display the copyright sign on any other websites correctly - also on those which I create myself with Joomla! or MS Publisher.

Default Re: exporting copyright sign on webpage

Hi Waldent,
    Welcome to TG Forums.

I have just tried this with Xtreme and Web Designer and it works fine here.

How are you applying the © ?

It works for me using: ALT+0169 or using Ctrl+Alt+C in Web Designer (Arial font)

It sounds like the font used does not support the © character which is strange as you say you used Arial which does support it. I have generated web pages with Xara using the Arial font and they have always displayed ok. If all else fails you could select the © character and convert it from text to a shape, this way it should display ok.

Hello,
    I am impressed by the rapid answers. Thank you and I realised what I made wrong. I had created the sign by a (graphics) circle with an inserted c (because the method of using fn+alt+0169 does not work with XaraXtreme on my computer (while it does work in other programmes.) I grouped the circle and the c before exporting it, in order to ensure the relative positioning. This group Xara converts into a graphics of 12x12 which shows up as a flat filled rectangle in which one cannot see the circle and the c anymore.

Now I learned from you that one can create the copyright sign in XaraXtreme as a character using alt+ctrl+c . Doing it this way, the problem is gone. So thanks again and sorry for the confusion.

Note also for Xtreme/Web Designer:

Ctrl +Alt+T = ™
    Ctrl+Alt+R = ®