Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

CD arrived...Went to update Xara on my desktop machine. Refuses to install with a message about needing a service pack for my windows installer? Machine is using win 98. Second attempt gives nasty messages about registry errors and stack overflows!!! Any thoughts. Windows 98 gives version as 4.10.98 if that means anything to anyone.

CD arrived...Went to update Xara on my desktop machine. Refuses to install with a message about needing a service pack for my windows installer? Machine is using win 98. Second attempt gives nasty messages about registry errors and stack overflows!!! Any thoughts. Windows 98 gives version as 4.10.98 if that means anything to anyone.

Hi James,

Try first uninstall your present "Trial" Version of Xara or any older version you might have installed. After that XaraX should give no installation problems, I hope.

Regards KS

I experienced similar problems when installing. I also got a message about re-installing windows installer first, but the xara-installer continued installing the windows installer itself, and after a reboot it installed XARA. However I am not able to give the path where to install XARAX. The inst.progr. only knows C:\program files\xara\ as a default. Even reinstalling with one of the other install-options gives no other result than this path. But happy as I was with a running XaraX I decided to remove all the older versions en demo's. After that the XARAX did NOT start but only complained about a XARAFON FONT not installed. Even the adviced reinstalling from CD did not work out. Copy the font to the C:\windows\fonts directory dind't work either. After a total (power down) reboot of my desktop (W98) it all of a sudden worked well again, although there still is no XARAFONT in my Fonts directory. Who knows: is it me, my machine Windowns or XARAX?
    Albert

Sorry to hear about your install problems. Could you please email me with EXACT wordings or screen grabs of the error messages, what action was being performed before the error occured, and machine details that include os, build number, service pack, and whether you have removed previous Xara X installations or not.

I just sent my replie by e-mail.
    Albert

Help! I'm having problems installing from the CD, too. I first uninstalled the demo version of Xara X and also uninstalled CorelXara 1.5. But the installation from the Xara X CD just hangs. Have tried it several times (after rebooting each time) with the same result. What do I do now?

I don't know what your problem is, but try re-installing Xara 1.5 and then try installing XX from the CD.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have uninstalled CorelXara 1.5 and uninstalled the Xara X demo but I still cannot install Xara X from the CD. It hangs after the first "next" button I push. I have written to Xaraclub but have not had a reply yet. Has anyone else had similar install problems?

Could katpiper and james please email me with EXACT wordings or screen grabs of the error messages, what action was being performed before the error occured, and machine details that include os, build number, service pack, and whether you have removed previous Xara X installations or not.