Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Duplicate page question

Probably a way too simple question but what is the use of duplicating an existing page "below" itself? There must be a reason for doing it. When I save it I can only see the first, original, page. How does one get to the "second" inserted duplicate page?

What am I missing here? DaveC

Default Re: Duplicate page question

Welcome to the Forums DaveC,

The purpose of duplicating page one is to allow you to create a 'framework' which is repeated on each page of your site.

In order to view all pages in the Preview, you can create temporary (text) Next | Previous links and use the Web Properties>>Link>>Link to page navigators on page 1 (index) then repeat them on all pages (Arrange>>Repeat on all pages)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	next-back.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	64070

Smile Re: Duplicate page question

Thanks for the quick and useful reply. Ain't forums great!

I didn't realize you could do that and my previous sites were all independent pages. This changes the colour of the rose.

DaveC

Default Re: Duplicate page question

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I didn't realize you could do that and my previous sites were all independent pages.
    This is because Web Designer is not a .html editor (where you create one page at a time in the document interface).
    Web Designer (like Xara Xtreme) can create multi-page documents which are designed and saved in the one .web or .xar project file.

But when exported, XWD creates independent .htm pages named accordingly based on thier stack order (the first being index.htm then index_2.htm and so on) or based on the Page filename (Web Properties>>Page) you can give it while designing the site.