Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hide Other pages

I often create objects that are larger than the page and use the mould tool. Very often, these objects will end up having vanishing points and control handles that are off the page. Many times I will take this large object, and put it inside a clipview object that fits on the page.

If this page is in the middle of a document you cannot see the handles and vanishing points because they are obscured by the other pages.

I propose making the pages you are NOT working on TO HAVE A PROPERTY of transparency so that you can see objects which overlap above or below the page. Or maybe the pages that are not being edited could SHRINK, so as not to be confused with the current page. Or even better, I would like to be able to HIDE the pages I am not working on. I think that this would make it so much easier to have the pasteboard area to work in if the other pages didn't obscure what you were working on. I'd like to see this as an option.

The current situation is not ideal, especially in multiple pages.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Hide Other pages

I agree - I've copied objects from one page to another and had parts of them end up above the top of the page where it's hard to get to them.

This is easily fixed (on a 'per-page' basis if required too).
    Simply adjust the bleed margin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bleed-margin-space-between-pages.png 
Views:	220 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	64068

Thanks to Tao Jones (Roger) for pointing this out some time ago.

Thanks for the tip, Sledger (and Tao)! I wouldn't have thought of increasing the bleed margin - I thought that was just used for print reasons.