Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blockade in "export website"?

opposed to Pro4, Pro5 adds a line in its html export which says "<!-- saved from url=(0020)http://www.xara.com/ -->"
    it is the second line in each html file.

The occurence of this line results in almost al the links to files not working properly when (pre)viewing the site from my harddisk.
    In my case, where I have a site built from many multipage interlinked Xarafiles it means that these links are not working too.

The "buggy" line was not exported with Pro4

Anyone knows why this line is added and how Xara can be adjusted to avoid to manually have to edit every html file after each and every agjustment I make?

I also sent in a ticket but thought maybe someone on talkgraphics has any idea. If this can't be fixed, Pro5 could be a no-go for me.

Ike

Default Re: Blockade in "export website"?

Hi Ike,

Welcome to TG Forums.
    This is not a bug, but the question has come up a number of times.

Here's Covoxer's (developer of Web Designer HTML) explaination

This line is a "Mark Of The Web". It tells Internet Explorer that this page belongs to the Internet security zone so it doesnt' ask you to run scripts when you open it locally.
    The domain used in this line makes no difference so we use one that we can be responsible for.
    You can preview your site (locally) in all other browsers without running into IE's security zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hi Ike,

Welcome to TG Forums.
    This is not a bug, but the question has come up a number of times.

Here's Covoxer's (developer of Web Designer HTML) explaination

You can preview your site (locally) in all other browsers without running into IE's security zone.
    Hi,

thanks for the reply; but I don't get this! I just cannot view anything locally in IE. So why don't leave this line out?
    It totally blocks my previews and seemingly has no added value at all. I have to adjust more than 100 files in order to check if it is all working.

Besides the given answer is a non answer. It is not the question whether to use a domain which you can be responisble for, but rather whether to use this line at all!!!

If it was up to me don't insert it. Choices are made which should be my own!

If this isn't fixed Pro5 is definitely a no-go for me.
    I would have to consider turning back to RiscOS with Techwriter and Artwork2 for my webpages.

Ike

Hey Ike

It's there to help.

As Covoxer said;
    "It tells Internet Explorer that this page belongs to the Internet security zone so it doesnt' ask you to run scripts when you open it locally."

Without it, IE will keep asking you to allow the script to run.

Have your tried using another browser? - you don't have to use IE.

Besides the given answer is a non answer. It is not the question whether to use a domain which you can be responisble for, but rather whether to use this line at all!!!
    Hey I'm passing on the answer Ike - don't shoot the messenger

If this isn't fixed Pro5 is definitely a no-go for me.
    There's nothing to fix.

Ike,

If you'd like to learn more about 'the Mark of the Web' and why MS enforce this - please read this here.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Ike,

If you'd like to learn more about 'the Mark of the Web' and why MS enforce this - please read this here.
    Thanks Sledger,

I've been there and now understand what is happening.
    Still there is the basic question of not adding the blocking line at all...

I downloaded Firefox and will use that for testing.

Ike