Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Scroll thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by Hymer View Post
    Something is mystic. If I take away Mouse Over - Show layer Left or Right or both from the arrows, the thumbs.html disappears at the first clicking. The arrows don't work but they have a secret function without logic . Is there any explanation?
    Hymer, the thumbnails are on a separate page called thumbs.htm which is being loaded into an iframe on the start page called 'mythumbs'. This is fine - but you are trying to tell the browser to open the links referenced to each thumbnail into an <iframe which is NOT on the thumbs page but on the start page, the result is that the referenced page is opening inside the same iframe because there is no-where else it can. You cannot tell one remote page to open another .htm file into a frame inside another remote page. The browser doesn't know where the iframe named 'myframe' is because thumbs.htm has no iframe named 'myframe' - it's on the start page (which by the way you have named chilenska.htm - so won't load by default on a web server unless you specify this name in the URL - you should leave it as index.htm)

Basically, you have got yourself into a bit of a muddle

Hi,

scrolling thumbnails with photopopups.

Sebastian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Sebastian,

Although not really what Hymer was wanting to achieve, that might be his best bet without something exotic being employed.

What I should like to achieve this:
    http://www.ioncannon.net/examples/slide/example1.html or http://www.thumbnailscroller.com/
    I am sure there are a lot of variants of this, maybe more simple alternatives too. These are "slow" scrollers and it is not so important for me. I want make it very easy to move the thumbs. I don't know yet, how I shall put it in the html.
    I don'y call it index.htm because it will not be the first side. The index page is ready, that is only a klickable image med javascript spotlight effect. I am working on the rest of the site, about 40 pages. I hope it will be beautiful with XWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymer View Post
    What I should like to achieve this:
    Yes Hymer, this is the sort of thing I suggested you need (javascript).
    Xara Web Designer has nothing like this included - you will need to grab one of these scripts from the web and use them in your site via placeholders etc.

But you must be prepared to do a fair bit of .html editing to add all your image names. Remember that XWD exports images as sequentially numbered bitmaps. Changing the design just slightly will reorder these exports and potentially means re editing your javascript source all over again unless you build your thumbs page outside of XWD entirely.

Is it possible to mix pages made in XWD and made outside XWD inside the same site? For example if I edit whole this chilenska.htm in text-editor, is it possible to link it from a page done in Xara? Is it possible or necessary to import html pages?
    Another question: is there any tidy-program to clean up all the unnecessary tagges XWD produce?

Xara Web Designer is not a .html editor.

XWD is a WYSIWYG graphical web page designer which has been developed by Xara to allow those with zero html knowledge to create a web site..

The exported .html is based on the design you create within the program (WYSIWYG).
    The exported .html has not been designed for text (human) editing, it is designed for browsers to render and display the page you create in XWD.
    Any post-editing of the XWD produced HTML in a text editor can cause your design to break and not display correctly.

External html can be added via placeholders and <iframes in placeholders as has been shown.

There are no tags in XWD that require removal.
    What are you hoping to achieve here?

Is it possible to have links in the menu even to external html? So I mean a site, there most of the pages are made in XWD but not the opening index.html and some other pages, linked to a menu, repeated on all pages. All I want to achieve just now is to make the WWW.bellangegalleri.com better. I want to keep the index.html as it is and build up the whole site with XWD, except a few pages there I want to use javascript.