Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here's a piece of work our ten year old boy did this evening while the rest of us watched tv... took him about 3 hours or so... modeled with Wings3d... his favorite app ( wonder where he got that from? hehe )

Needless to say, we are pretty happy with his choice of hobby, and how he is doing with it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	restraunt.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	18916  

Very good. Is this a model of your actual house or just an abstract drawing?

It is great to see the kids get involved. I think at their age it is more than just Art it is educational to see them think in 3D on a 2D screen.

My Sons Jonathan (13) and Daryl (10), together with my daughter Yasmin (8) are all into C4D (wonder where they got that from ) - I just have not got Zara (3) and Jacqueline (my wife) into 3D art yet .

Turan

A very talented youngster you've got there gidgit.

As they say, The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree!

Excellent job, give your son kudos from me.

Hey, maybe he can give me some pointers?! This 3D thing still makes my head spin sometimes...

@ Mike... thanks Mike, he read this and is beaming from ear to ear

@ Randy... thanks Randy, koudo's have been passed along, and the beaming is still there... and I have a hunch this little guy is going to become a bigger and much better apple tree than his pop

@ Grafixman... lol... Mikey says to keep practicing, the more you play and have fun, the better it will get...

and hey, don't feel too badly there GM, there are times whereby Mike will come up behind me while I am modeling and ask "why I did this instead of maybe doing that" haha, too funny, because usually the little guy presents a good case ...

@ Turan... It's Mikey's vision of a restraunt...

We like the idea that he is learning, and that he enjoys being creative, and productive I might add...

The C4D bunch eh ? hehe, that's great Turan, makes for family sharing a fantastic common interest... Be sure to tell them they are more than welcome to post some worx and share some fun with us here ... ( My wife isn't much into the 3d either, hands on that is, but makes a great arm chair critic lol )

Thanks you guys, your kind words and encouragment means alot to our Mikey... mostly he enjoys creating and sharing... but he wishes the whole 3D world would all live in one area of the city we live in... hehe ... I guess the web is the next best thing eh

Hey Gidget,

Very talented son you have. Tell Mikey his design is great. Shows a lot of skill and visualization. Let me know when he sells the design, so I can be at the grand opening of the real restarant.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Great stuff there Mikey ,well done..

It has a very Oriental type of flavor,or does to me

Gidge,theres an architect trying to get out of your son

Cool drawing Mikey Give that boy an avatar and sign him up

Thanks Bill, Stu, and OklaEd... I will surely pass along your kind words, in fact he is reading them as I type here... he says thanks guys

I will sign him up indeed