Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Bitmap Editor Right Click Dialog

Hi,

Can we get a link to the Bitmap Editor put back into the right click context menu? That way if we are working on a file that has many bitmaps we don't have to scroll through the gallery to find it?

Also can we have the return of functionality of double clicking on a bitmap to open it the external editor?

Thanks,
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Bitmap Editor Right Click Dialog

Hi

I find with my external bitmap editor set in options, that it will open on double clicking an xtreme bitmap object if the editing program itself is already open - otherwise I need to double click twice 'to force it to open'

I miss the bitmap tracer in right click menu - my 'solution', a hotkey
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

The reason you need to double-click twice is not that the bitmap editor is not open. The first double-click takes you into the photo tool, where it's reasoned going forward most of your photo-editing will be possible. The second double-click transfers the bitmap to the external editor (i.e. double-click in the photo-tool opens the external editor). This means that whilst you're in the photo-tool you only need one double click.
    Last edited by Luke.Hart; 22 July 2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Clarify a bit

Personally I prefer to make the choice where I want the first 'double-click' to take me.
    After all, it's only a single click to reach the phototool icon or a 'P' press if that's where I really wanted to go..

For now, I have to 'P' first then double-click, which is a little quicker than double-double-clicking, but slower than the previous (committed to memory) method. It is better to allow the user to make these choices Luke

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    ...For now, I have to 'P' first then double-click...
    Sounds like cutting down on liquid intake may solve your problem, Steve - or is it some kind of Pavlovian response?
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

thanks Luke for the clarification - I guess I must have missed [or forgotten] the switch to the photo tool - that makes a lot more sense as to what is happening

I tend to agree that double clicking on a bitmap object switching to photo tool, is not how I would like it to be ideally, but its not personally an issue for me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I noticed this detail also, I was about to make the same suggestion!

I found that the external bitmap editor can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut, so it's an alternative.

Also double clicking is not easy with a stylus, it often lose the selection or select another object.

Marc