Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default EPS File Problem - Made In Xara - Edge Cut Off In PSP

Hi everyone!

I made some swirl designs and exported them as eps files. When I open some of them in Paint Shop Pro, the edges are slightly cut off. I use dpi of 300 and I have tried all the options, bounding box etc.

What I need to know is how I can add some more white space around the eps file so that it does not cut off some of the design. This thread may belong in the PSP Forum, but the original design and export was done in Xara Xtreme.

Thanks!!!
    “BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A HARD BATTLE” -Plato

Default Re: EPS File Problem - Made In Xara - Edge Cut Off In PSP

which eps export option were you using Barry?

there are three in xtreme, and the one that you should be using I would think is the 'adobe illustrator' one [the other two are legacy]

could try putting a larger rectangle behind the design - but I don't know if that would interfere with what you are trying to do
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve,

It's quite a long winded operation to get the eps files to be "browsable" in Paint Shop Pro's Browser - I have clients who us PSP as well as PS and PSE.

What I do for the clients who use PSP is I export the file from Xara as a Xara X EPS file. I THEN open it in AI and SAVE AS - using the following options: Illustrator EPS, then click SAVE and for Version type I choose Illustrator 3. Once doing that the eps file shows up in PSP Browser window. But like I say when I open some of them, a few mm of the edges are cut off.

My clients are very confused with EPS files and I need to convert them all to 300 dpi PNG's for them.

I was thinking that I would have to open all my Xara file formats of the EPS designs, then scale them to the artboard and increase the size by what 300% and then export them as transparant PNG's???? These eps files are even confusing me now!!

You see if you open an EPS file in PS and you want to apply a layer style, there is no room around the edge, so in that case you would have to increase the canvas size, BUT my main pronlem is all I want to do is open an eps file in PSP without some of the edge cut off, (open at 300 DPI) and then export them as a PNG for my clients. I tried so many methods I am getting confused now.

Thanks for the help or if you can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barrym67 View Post
    ... all I want to do is open an eps file in PSP without some of the edge cut off, (open at 300 DPI) and then export them as a PNG for my clients
    export from xtreme as png

or failing that if you only have the eps files - open in illustrator and export as png?
    Nothing lasts forever...

good idea, but how will I know it is 300dpi?

Barry, both illustrator and xtreme allow you a 300 dpi option when you export
    Nothing lasts forever...

;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	63773  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

my my!!! You learn something everyday!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You have turned my nightmare into a pleasant dream!!! Blessings to you!!!! I am so grateful for your help I do not even have the words to express my gratitude and relief. As they say, if you do not ask.........:-) Thanks again!!!! x A BILLION!!!! It is so easy to overlook the obvious isn't it.
    Last edited by barrym67; 18 July 2009 at 02:26 PM.

a pleasure Barry - we all learn something every day
    Nothing lasts forever...