Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question COLOUR CHANGE en masse RGB>CMYK XX5

Hi folks
    I designed stuff in RGB, took it to the printers and on the proof the colors are not as vivid as during design on the screen. They say I must design in CMYK colours. Ok, is there a way I can change this easy or is it back to the drawing board?
    Also dithering seems to suffer in the printing. I save in 300 plus dpi pdf and change text to shapes. Any tips?
    God bless
    Gabriel
    South Africa
    (great winter sunshine day in Jo'burg at present!)
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Default Re: COLOUR CHANGE en masse RGB>CMYK XX5

Hi Gabriel,

You might not need to change everything to cymk. First try the Windows | show printer colors option. This will make the colors on your screen darker and less vivid. You can than change the colors to your likings.

Show printer colors isn't an exact reproduction of how your prints will look but it's much better than not using it.

When your done you can always export to pdf. This will also give you an impression how the final print will look.

Hope this will help.

Regards,
    Frits

If you export your document as PDF/X your colors are automatically converted from RGB to CMYK.

Most printers prefer a PDF/X file.

Check with your printer and see if she or he can accept a PDF/X file and what special requirements she or he may have.

Most printers can also modify your PDF file as needed.

Tx Frits & Gary, I have gone the "show printer colors option" for now and will see what the printers say re PDF/X.
    God bless,
    G
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'