Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Scroll bars

Question Scroll bars

Hi, can someone help?
    I will insert scrollbars were can I found and how can I insert?
    Billan

Default Re: Scroll bars

Hi Billan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I will insert scrollbars were can I found and how can I insert?"

If you mean iframes, there are a number of threads where iframes are discussed.

If not, perhaps you could help us by giving us more detail about what you would like to achieve?

Question Re: Scroll bars

Hi and thank you,
    I meen, I send adress as you can see its good to have it when I have so much text. http://www.starbeauty.biz/behandlingar.html
    Birgitta

Hi Birgitta,

Please see attached .web file for a demonstration.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs down Re: Scroll bars

Hi and thanks, but I dont understand how can I wright when I dont see it only in prewiew?
    Birgitta

OK, I admit it, I am completely lost. I have set up the placeholder and inserted the code for iframe. Where I am lost is just how to get the info into the place holder. I have tried saving the info as a .htm file in the folder with the website. I have entered it into the code, I have tried putting in a blank page and inserting the page name in to the code. I have read the posts but I seem to be more confused that when I started.

All I want to do is list sponsors and vendors for a show we had but because of the number I either have to put it on one page (small test) or figure out how to list them and be able to scroll thru them.

OK, I admit it, I am completely lost. I have set up the placeholder and inserted the code for iframe.
    That's it. You've finished. Just preview the site.
    It should look like the attached gif. The purple placeholder contains the iframe within the "Replace with html code" section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.gif 
Views:	102 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	67259  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, but I had the placeholder on the page, that isn't the problem. The problem is how to get the info into the placeholder. What if the info you want in the plce holder is longer than the page, etc. I have tried saving a new page as a .htm, also tried saving a document as sponsors.htm.

Hi the Captive, download the attached zip folder, decompress it and open long-list.xar & index.xar. Preview both in turn. You should be able to get it from this.

You don't put the info into the placeholder you just point it to another html, txt, php, asp, pdf or swf file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by thecaptive View Post
    Thanks, but I had the placeholder on the page, that isn't the problem. The problem is how to get the info into the placeholder. What if the info you want in the plce holder is longer than the page, etc. I have tried saving a new page as a .htm, also tried saving a document as sponsors.htm.
    hi the captive, just download the example of Sledger. open it and see.
    the main page contains the placeholder and the image of the web properties of it where you put the code. below of it there's another page (see in the right down corner the name page: (2of 2 (text.htm)) that contains the text.
    In your case put the list of your vendor in page 3 or 4 or what you want in your xwd project, resize the page matching the size of list and name it (in page tab, in page filename after opened Web properties ) as you want.the name must replace the text.htm in string (<iframe src=text.htm). try and let us know...