Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do I make my logo spin?

Bill, what I think the problem is that as what is required is an avatar, the file size is too large for this to be possible.
    What needs to be done, Dave is to reduce the animation values and the export dialogue values as shown in my tutorial. You have to get the file size to under 20 kb.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	settings.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	63680   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	63681  

** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Here's a vector of the crest. You can use this to create a decent texture.

It's always great to see members putting in the effort.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hope you don't mind if I have a go at this too.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2w65ik5.gif

I just used the badge as a background.

may not have to get it under 25kb, thers a section in the forum where you can upload an avatar from an internet link so i'm gonna try that, just need to work out how to upload the logo on this forum now like you guys have done, then i can right click, copy and paste the properties into my forum. Still wierd how i export it as an animation, then when i go to open it, its just a gif image.

is this just the link ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

really starting to bug me now, i dont need to get it under 20kb as ive said above, i export it as an animation, it then saves as a gif, i go to open it and its just a gif image, helllllllllllp !

I exported the animation from the X3D file you posted, with the settings as shown in the export dialogue I attached above. The .gif is only 9.5 kb in size.
    Your animation settings were the same as I posted above too. You seem to be doing everything correctly. I'm going to upload it as my avatar briefly to see if there's a problem.
    Edit: Your file uploaded fine, no problems...it's got me beat why yours won't upload.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 17 July 2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

is there any particular place you need to export it too, or does it not matter.

At the top of this page on the forum, click on User CP and once there, click on the Edit Avatar option.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tg.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	63746  

is there any particular folder i should be exporting it to. i cant think where i'm going wrong as you've said everything is the same as you've done, but it just saves it as a gif image.