Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: How do I make my logo spin?

i take it you can resize it, when i exported the cut out from extreme and put it into xara 3d as a texture it became larger.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Good to see a positive reply, Dave. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    on a side note, why did you call me dave ?

That would be my error - I thought I'd seen 'Dave' mentioned earlier. Sorry for that

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    That would be my error - I thought I'd seen 'Dave' mentioned earlier. Sorry for that
    its okay, my name is dave, i just couldnt work out how they knew.

Like i said bit jagged round the edges, i'd like it smaller as well as i want it as an avatar on my forum. not sure how to put it on the forum either
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dvknig2; 16 July 2009 at 08:14 AM.

Dave when you choose 'Export Animation', you can choose the .gif file type and then the 'User Defined' dimensions and other settings.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export_X3d.png 
Views:	259 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	63670

Depending on your forum software, if vBulletin then Avatars are set in the User Control Panel and Edit Avatar settings.

Image dimensions and kilobyte size is set by the forum administrator.

must be doing something wrong, i export it as an animated gif, but when i go to open it it isnt animated

Hi Dave, I had a look at your .X3D file, and just made some adjustments to the lighting by turning on the lightbulb icon and double-clicking on each arrow and making all lights white. I adjusted their positions to reduce the glare effect.
    You could remove the jagged edges by using the ellipse tool in Xtreme. If you hold down the Ctrl key when dragging, the tool will draw a perfect circle. Make the circle the same size as the original logo, and align them centrally. With the new circle and the logo selected, go to the Arrange Menu and choose combine shapes/intersect shapes, or press Ctrl + 3 on the keyboard.
    Your logo will now be a perfect circle.
    Do you have access to a better example of the original graphic? Your result looks pixellated because the image you are using as a texture is of a low resolution. I don't know if you are at a skill level with Xara Xtreme to hand trace your own version of the logo to use as a texture?
    It's all coming along nicely so far.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 16 July 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: removed files as requested by moderator
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

still cant manage to put it on the forum as you've just done, when i save it as an animated gif, it changes to just a gif image.

Is it possible you are using the Export... option and not the Export animation... option?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d-export-ani.gif 
Views:	217 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	63679  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update