Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default How do I make my logo spin?

hi all, pretty new to this forum so didnt know where to post this. Basically i'm trying to make my football logo spin but not sure how to do it any ideas ?
    here is the logo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_45430748_truro_logo_226.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	63582  

Default Re: How do I make my logo spin?

Hello dvknig2,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

I moved your post from the Xara Flash forum to the Xara3D forum.

There are several tutorials available explaining how to make your logo spin.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27395
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27403
    http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=39188
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

i know its cheeky but was hoping someone would do it for me, never mind thanks alot for the links will try and crack it myself

Welcome dvknig2. Unfortunately we get unindated with "make my logo spin" requests. We're more than happy to help a member create their own animation but we won't do it for you.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

what software do i need, dont want to buy any just to make one logo.

Hi Dave,

Posting in the Xara3D forum sort of makes it a Xara3D software related thread and discussion. So you will need Xara3D software to create your logo.
    It isn't that expensive actually, but you can try the demo for 30 days though anything you create will be watermarked.
    If you are unwilling to buy a copy, then it's not going to be possible to help you create your logo - sorry

If you want to have a go at the spinning logo, firstly you will have to remove the white background or you will have just a spinning logo on a white rectangle. You also really need a higher resolution graphic, too if one is available. I started drawing a new version, but you'll need to be proficient in a vector graphics program like Xara Xtreme (free fully-functioning time-limited trial available here), CorelDraw or Illustrator for this.
    Have a look at my tutorial (linked in my signature below).
    Who knows, if you can produce an attempt that shows you have put some effort into this project, someone may be able to help you to a successful conclusion.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truro city.gif 
Views:	633 
Size:	521.8 KB 
ID:	63635  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 15 July 2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: alter graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I downloaded the trial version and made a start on the logo, just trying to get it smaller now. i also want it to be a bit brighter , will have a play with it, i'm at work at the minute so can't upload the logo to show you how far ive got. Thanks for all the tips and the sample provided, glad i attempted it myself, very rewarding !

Good to see a positive reply, Dave. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

had a bit of trouble tracing the cut out, bit jagged round the edges, but i'll get there.