Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to add flash ?

I just started using Xara WD , I have no the faintest idea how to use Flash . The icon " Frame Gallery) is gray .
    How do I import a template as a separate Animation document?That might be a good step to start ....Thanx

Default Re: How to add flash ?

Use the rectangle tool to create a box the same size as your flash box.
    Then select the box, open the link box, and use the Flash section to import the flash files.

Hi,
    you have to create a new document. File>"New animation" create your animation and export to Flash swf file, then in Web designer create a placeholder to hold your 'Flash file'. this is a simplified explanation.
    It can't be done directly within Web designer I don't beleive.
    Jim

I have a bit of a different question. I created a flash slide show that has multiple files and folders in it's directory. I understand how to make a placeholder and point it to the flash file, and when I preview it the flash portion is working, but it isn't showing any of the pictures in the slide show. Is there something special that has to be done or is it even possible?

Attached are a couple of shots. One of the XWD folder and one of inside the anyweb_web_files folder.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ds1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	65655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ds2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	65657  

Depends how you made the flash file SwishMax or Xara..you images used may ahve to be in the directory where your files are.
    JmG

In the anyweb folder the index.html file likely has the embed code that you need for your slide show to work (if this was an output from the application where you created the slide show from).
    It's the full embedded code which points to the .swf player and .xml playlist that you need in your placeholder rather than just the .swf. But you may have to edit the paths.

If unsure, zip the lot up and attach it here or if too large, email to sledger [at] gmail dot com and I'll take a look and post back here for everyones benefit.

Thanks for the help. I'm uploading the Flash photo gallery with a few sample pics. I was able to get one Flash slide show working in Xara WD, but would like to get this one working as I like it better. I know the gallery works because I can open it directly in a browser. The flash shows up in Xara. I just can't seem to get the pictures to show. BTW, the Flash was created using a template in Picasa and exporting out as html.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK - this was simple.

Please unzip the attached, open the .web file and look carefully at the placeholder. The <object> to </object> source was copied from the Picasa output index.html (now deleted as it is unnecessary)

The working index.htm is already exported in the gallery folder.
    To see it working in th XWD preview, you will need to export it once (until then XWD works in it's own temporary cache folder).

Here's an online working example.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Re: How to add flash ?

Thanks, Sledger. I will give it a try tomorrow. I appreciate you help.

sledger,

I can see what you're doing. What happens if the photo gallery is a page deep? Do the files all have to be in the root? I tried them in a subfolder and added that to the placeholder, but I had no luck with that. I seem to be able to get the Flash to work but it doesn't show the pictures. If I play the Flash in a browser, it works fine. I also noticed if I open the index file, my background is the wrong color. Any thoughts? Maybe this flash app is broken or just not the right thing to use with XWD?

BTW, did I mention I was attempting to use this a photo gallery page on my web site?

Thanks
    Last edited by jbinc1; 15 September 2009 at 11:54 PM.