Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Interactive Maps

This is a follow-on from a posting I made in the Xara Xtreme forum but since it's now turned into a flash issue I thought I'd move it here.

I had some success (thanks to the community) creating a flash based interactive map with roll-overs and overlays. Here's the resulting swf:

This file has only one overlay (on Germany Zone I) but as you can see it works.

With this flush of success I went ahead and added a bunch more overlays and now none of them are working (see attached xar). I immediately thought that perhaps it might be the additions that were causing the problem and tried to revert to the earlier state to test. Even the single overlay does not work now.

If anyone could be so generous as to have a look at my file to see if I've done anything obviously wrong I'd be grateful. Any suggestions on where to look would also be welcome.

Another question: I'd like to link to a specific frame (e.g. to one of the overlays). Paul Robertson from Adobe says that it can be done but how might this translate into Xara Xtreme Pro usage?

Many thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Interactive Maps

Hi Sadler,

The flash works very well.

To find the goto command in Flash check the Xtreme Help file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash_goto.gif 
Views:	303 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	63511  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thanks for that.

In this case, the goto would work from within a single flash file. I'd like to be able to deep link from another page using a URL to an overlay. I guess what I'm asking is, does Xtreme create frame anchors and when it generates the swf file does it use the "Flash with Named Anchors" option.

As to the overlays, can you confirm that when you open the xar and preview the flash that you can see Zones I to VI? If so, would it be too much trouble for you to generate a working swf for me?

Cheers.
    IP

Hi Sadler,

I was commenting on the swf file you had attached to your post. When I try your .xar file the "clicked" frames do not show.

It is "very late" for me (I work 3rd shift). If no one else has provided an answer I will work on the problem after getting home from work tomorrow. Need to get some sleep.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi Sadler, your problem is being caused by having 2 buttons, one on top of another for every country/sector. 1 button says on roll over Goto Frame X whilst the one above it says on click Goto Frame Y.

It can only do one action, so it just does the roll over action.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sadler, I'm not 100% sure the above is actually the issue but I've removed any possible cause of this being a possibility in the attached xar file. It seems to function as expected now. I notice that some of your frames have names like xxxxx; Stop and others like xxxxx;Stop. It doesn't appear to make a difference but I'd try doing it without the space between the semi-colon and Stop.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP