Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repeating object problem

I have two related problems plaguing me:

1. If I delete a repeating object from a page, then select 'update repeating objects' while on that page, it is deleted on all the other pages automatically.

2. If I delete a repeating object from a page, go to another page, and select 'update repeating objects', the object I deleted on the prior page reappears.

Can someone please help? Neither of these make any sense to me. If I've deleted it, how can it affect or be affected by any operation I do after? I just want to delete the object.

Thanks!

Default Re: Repeating object problem

Post your .web please.

I can't repeat that (unintentional pun

Welcome to the TG Forums.

Too late, I already removed 'repeating:' from all the object names on my pages that were doing it and updated everything manually.

But since you posted, I tried a couple of experiments to duplicate it and figured out the error of my ways. Start a new project, put 4 objects on a page, and give them all the same 'repeating:xxx' name. Copy the page. If you delete one object on one page and then select 'update repeating...', that similar object will disappear from the other page.

It's actually a useful feature now that I know, but there's no mention of it in the help file.

Here's what happens when I use Update repeating....

I use a layer named footer, repeated on all pages.
    Changing footer font size on page 1, then clicking Update repeating.... with the layer still active, all other layers are changed, text disappears, and images are resized. Text and images has nothing to do with footer layer. This happens to all other pages except page 1. A total mess.

First I tried to make a new document, being very careful with new layers and especially repeated ones. Didn't help, same catastrophe occurs.

WD has some really good options, others seem to be new product bugs. Hope there will be a new revision soon, coz hours and hours are spent manually changing items that should update automatically. Support has been of no support to me.

Thanks.

putte

You may have a repeating object hidden behind another non-repeating one.

Drwyd