Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Observing #2

Talking Observing #2

More simplistic vector art which incorporates some objects from drawings posted in my earlier thread.

The new objects are the Toyota Sprinter AE86 with my son at the wheel from a recent Motorkhana event with bunting and witches hats .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compile.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	63573

Default Re: Observing #2

I am impressed by your work. They are not as easy as they look. I would think there's alot of thought on what lines to keep and what colors to choose. Another wonderful work.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Thanks Nancy.
    They actually aren't that difficult really.
    The trick is to draw from the front and put to the back, otherwise you end up obscuring the details of the photo on the reference layer too soon.
    Colours are important of course, sometimes using the colours in the photo don't work quite so well. Using 'named' colours and 'shades of a colour' also helps a lot when you want to tweak, this means that the parent colour and linked shades of that parent will all adjust accordingly.

It sounds like good practice as well. There are some things in XX that I don't use often so when I go to use them I have to re-research them all over again, lol. Trying one of these with named colors would benefit me.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Quote Originally Posted by Burpee View Post
    I am impressed by your work. They are not as easy as they look. I would think there's alot of thought on what colors to choose. Another wonderful work.
    I totally agree
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thumbs up Re: Observing #2

Steve - These are so well done. They remind me of some artists who do cut paper illustrations.