Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Topaz Plug-in

Hybrid View

Default Re: Topaz Plug-in

As it takes 2 Moderators/Admin to provide half a solution, I thought I'd be as comprehensive as I could.
    Attached is an extract from the How To Install .pdf. I saw no harm in a belt and bracers approach.
    If the OP has photoshop or similar and followed those instructions, then points Xara at the relevant plug-in folder, success should result.
    The most important point to put across is that Topaz zip file must be unzipped and the installer used to unpack the files to the Program Files folder.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	topaz.png 
Views:	262 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	64315  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

For the record on topaz, I tried Remask, I think it was 1.02, and it kept erroring out. Also, in PS, it was complaining that there was no layer mask, and that it needed a layer mask to continue. (1st it said the layer was locked, so I duplicated it in PS and then it got to the second roadblock mentioned above).

So I guess any plugin looking for-- and requiring-- layer masks is a nogo in xara.

I wonder what the best cutout program is that works fine in xara.

this works in xtreme

http://akvis.com/en/smartmask/index.php

[sorry if its been mentioned before]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...