Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Crop Rectangle - PSPX2 Ultimate (12.50)

Hi there,
    I'm a long-time Paint Shop Pro user. My old Jasc PSP9 started freezing up and I had heard the horror stories of the Corel changes, but I decided I finally had to make the move to a newer version of PSP for compatibility to today's computers and resolutions.

I downloaded trials of PSPX 10.03 (2005) and PSPX2 Ultimate 12.50 (2008) and used both of them extensively. I was in a bind to finish a few websites when my old PSP crashed, so both PSP trials got a work-out.

I decided that I might have to buy the older version, PSPX, because on the other version, X2 Ultimate, I couldn't find the option on the crop tool that shows you where your crop rectangle is as far as "Left, Top, Right, and Bottom values".

I don't know what to call that tool exactly. I use it all the time when making graphics for websites. It tells you how many pixels from the left and bottom (for example) you're cropping the image at.

Does anyone know if there is a way to "turn on" the Left, Top, Right, and Bottom values for the crop tool on PSPX2 Ultimate?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    IP

Default Re: Crop Rectangle - PSPX2 Ultimate (12.50)

Its No more But you could use the Selection tool set to rectangular then click the first of those Sq icons on the tool options called custom selection and can then enter top right left and bottom pixels.
    IP

Default Re: Crop Rectangle - PSPX2 Ultimate (12.50)

Trey, that's the info I was looking for -- whether that tool has been removed completely. That makes my choice easy -- it's PSPX for me.
    Thanks for responding.
    IP