Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: No Tech Support

Default No Tech Support

Let's try this again. I write for a tech magazine and have received a number of complaints about the lack of tech support for Xara products.

I purchased the Xara Menu Maker 1.1, and like my readers, the Xara Menu Maker 1.1 Setup fails to load the software on my system. The OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

Specifically, the message states, "Xara Menu Maker 1.1 is configuring your new software installation," but never progresses further. In response, I tried, unsuccessfully, to reach Xara tech support. No link on their website provides either a phone number or any way to reach tech support.

I attempted to "Submit a Ticket" on the Xara Support page, but the website requires you to "Login" first. I attempted to login using my login information and password, but the return message was, "Invalid User Name and Password."

As stated, I've received numerous complaints about Xara's support but seeing it firsthand was indeed very frustrating.

Since I was unsuccessful in reaching tech support, I thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone had any suggestions regarding how to reaching a live person about fixing this issue, or to see if anyone else was experiencing the same issues. I was hoping to get some feedback for the magazine's readers on this issue

Unfortunately, the response was obfuscation and censorship, instead of useful assistance (see below). I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing the problems me and my readers have had reaching tech support, and perhaps more importantly, whether it's possible to reach anyone.

Hopefully, this new thread bypasses the moderator's liberal definition of "vitriolic" and me and my readers can get some useful assistance...on how to get assistance.

-----------------------------------------
    Hi mysasaga,

Welcome to Talkgraphics forums.

Unfortunately your 'vitriolic' first post has been deleted.

TG cannot help with Xara Support problems, you must contact Xara directly.
    But we may be able to help with issues regarding your software installation problems, but please act calmly.

For your information, we are not Xara staff or employed in any way by Xara.
    Talkgraphics is a Xara Software users forum and run by moderators who are also user members.
    Xara pay for the vBulletin software license and the server space for the users forum to discuss graphics related topics and share ideas.

I invite you to repost but this time clearly stating the problems you are having. This is the best way to get help because loosing your cool and venting on this forum will just get you banned.

Kind regards
    Steve
    =========
    Forum Admin
    IP

Default Re: No Tech Support

so which tech magazine is this then? - no reference, no cred as us jurnos say...

if you look on the xara website you will see menu maker is supported only to XP and not vista - let alone vista 64bit:

http://site.xara.com/products/menumaker/

did you not research this?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Your login name and email address must match what you originally used when you registered? Reference: http://support.xara.com/index.php

Here is what I did to research the issue:
    • Pointed my browser to Xara.com.
    • Clicked the Support button at the top of the home page.
    • Clicked the Troubleshooter » Installing, downloading, and unlocking link. I noted, by the way, that the second paragraph states, "If you can't access your account, you will have the opportunity to contact customer support at the end of the troubleshooter."
    • Selected Xara Menu Maker from the list of software products, then clicked the Next button.
    • I selected Versioni 1.1, then clicked the Next button.
    • I clicked I wish to download the product, then clicked the Next button.
    • At the bottom of the sequential instructions, there is this option: "I've forgotten my sign in details."
    • The following information is displayed:
      If you need access to your XaraClub account, but can't remember your details, please try the following steps. If you are still unable to access you can contact Xara for assistance.

• Try to log in at http://www.club.xara.com/ with what you think your username and password is. Don't worry if you get it wrong, or if it takes a few guesses, it's okay to keep trying until you get it right.
      • Request a password hint from this page at the XaraClub website. Don't worry if you can't remember your username; you can also request a password if you know your account email address or one of your product serial numbers.

If you still can't remember your details, and you no longer have access to your account email address and thus can't receive a password reminder, then please contact customer support using the form below. Please enter as many details as possible to allow us deal with your query more efficiently.
      A Contact form is displayed.

Note that you can contact Xara Support by sending an email to support [@] Xara.com.

Also within Xara Online Support is the following article: Will Xara products work with Windows Vista?. There is an option that specifically deals with Menu Maker, which reads:
    Menu maker on Windows Vista
    Menu Maker must be installed from a CD and unlocked and initially run from an account with admin access. If you currently have the download version only, you will need to order the CD version. The program will not install from the download or from a non admin account, even wen selecting to run as admin.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by cursor; 11 July 2009 at 07:57 PM.
    IP

I hope it does too - good of you to dig out the Online Support Vista article Curtis
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

mysasag,

This is no way to introduce yourself to Talkgraphics and ask for asistance.

Members here will fall over backwards to help newcomers who are experiencing difficulties.
    However, as I mentioned in my PRIVATE Message (PM) to you, the best way to ask and receive help is to act in a civil and calm manner.

Attempting to add urgency to your complaints about your problems by citing unsupported third party complaints about Xara support is worthless.
    Once again, TG is unable to assist with any complaints about Xara's Support.

Posting a PM on the open boards is a breach of trust and for this you have received an infraction.

The removal of your first post at TG was as much to help you as it was to prevent potentially negative responses from other members. However in light of your second post and intention, I will post your original message here for members to make up their own minds as to how it should be defined.

I've never seen anything like this ridiculous company!!! There's no tech support whatsoever. No live person. No way to submit a ticket. I've tried everything I can think of to submit a ticket. I bought their sh*tty product, and can't load it. And there's no one to talk to, no one to call, no one even to email. F! this company. You guys suck, majorly. I paid my money and their garbage program won't even load. RIP OFF ARTISTS!!!

EVERYONE BEWARE OF THIS POS COMPANY!!!!

This thread is now closed.
    IP