Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool change text color on pop-up nav menu

Thanks Sledger... and thanks for quick reply.

I still have a lot to do on that website - alt tags (title tags), more images & text on right side bar, page descriptions, finish adding pages, etc...

As for fonts... even with websafe fonts - due to way WD formats text lines, if, for example, a viewer is missing Arial (for some reason), and site was done in Arial - throws the entire site off. Not complaining... just observing. I was missing Trebuchet and WD Welcome site was messed up with text overruns, etc...

Now to get back to figuring out how to get my pop-up nav menu on Seminar Info drop down menu to change text color as mouse goes over the text links... hmmmm - probably very simple once I figure it out. :-)

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Navbar builder

Hi Bob,

It may be that your website link colors are all set to white. (Shift+Ctrl+W then select the Website tab to see the settings) It may also be that you don't have a mouse over effect set up somehow. If you attach a .xar or a .web file I can take a look for you. Though this isn't really the correct forum for this.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Navbar builder

[Original Post: I'm still trying to figure out how to have text links on a dropdown popup change color on mouse over.
    Created popup with 4 text links. (works fine).
    Created new layer "MouseOver Seminar Popup" on top of "Seminar Popup" layer.
    Duplicated text links (copy - paste in place) and gave different fill color. Made sure they were on "MouseOver Seminar Popup" layer.
    But still no color change when mousing over popup text link.]

Eric - Thanks for reply and offer to help. I realize this isn't the forum for help. If you want to move this to another forum, let me know.

I attached the web file. I am only working on first page right now (haven't updated repeating objects yet).

Color of text on MouseOver Seminar Popup layer is set to a yellowish color -not white.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BobfromCA; 11 July 2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: added website link & original post question

Default Re: change text color on pop-up nav menu

Hi Bob,

I've moved your posts out of the 'Dear Xara' forum as that is not the place for general questions and help with attached files.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Here you go Bob.

All I did was to ungroup your text elements on the sub menu, select the text element on each layer and group it to make it a graphic instead of text. So I grouped the text 'Basic Information' that resides on the SeminarPopup Layer, then I grouped the text 'Basic Information' on the MouseOver SeminarPopup Layer, and then reapplied the soft group to both groups. I then repeated this process for each item in the menu list.

I'm not sure what was keeping the text links from working, but as a graphic they do work. I would make sure to add Alt Text descriptions of what the buttons are now that they are graphics. You can do that in the Web Properties > Image tab.

The last item wasn't working as a button, but that was because it didn't have a link in the web properties, so I added one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Eric - Thank you so much!

After reading through a lot of posts here, I was starting to think that may be the solution (graphic vs. text). You just saved me several hours of trial and error!

I have to go out now, but will take a look at the web file this evening when I return. Again - thank you for taking your time to help. I really appreciate this forum and have learned a lot just from reading through the various posts.

Thanks!
    Bob

You are welcome. I am always happy to help. This forum is where I've learned a lot too.

Eric
    My Club. My Album.