Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default odd thing... is there a way.....

So the Odd thing, now that I have a background design created for the main template of the site. A weird thing I noticed was once the page has loaded... if I click on the page itself, a LONG Text Cursor (not sure if that's what its called or not) appears at the Left hand edge of the entire center content page box. Do it for reference so that you can see what I am talking about.
    Is there a way for this not to happen. As it is really annoying to look at if someone accidentily clicks on the page itself without clicking an image or link (though links not active yet)?

http://www.future2.eyescreamjewelry.com

thx.

Default Re: odd thing... is there a way.....

Doesn't do that for me, since there are no links absolutely nothing happens.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

weird. yea I just tried it on my macbook pro and it didn't happen, but on my pc desktop it does. Hmmm.... confused.

~

Hi Eyescream,

Sounds like you've got something going on in your PC.....the web page appears normal to me.

Nice background btw....

Ed......:-)

thx Ed,
    not sure why it does that... I went to a bunch of other sites created with XWD from the Show us your sites post, and most of them the same thing happened for me... but it does not occur on my macbook. Although I noticed that some sites with centered page content, if they have a shape bubble with text inside and Nav. on the left, most of those this does not occur.
    Ah well, just one of those things I'll have to deal with cause I've no clue what I would tweak in my PC to get it to stop finding the edge of the page with a long cursor.

It is good to know, what others see or don't see. (w/different monitors and such).

Also thanks for kudos on my background image. It's the one I've been working on for weeks now (hand drawn elements) and literally over 1000 drawn versions of it.

back to the grind.

~

I agree, this is an awesome page. You did a great job. How did you get a static background if you don't mind me asking.

Everything is working fine on my computer also.

It's available in the 'Tweak set'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dontscrollbg.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	63492

Thanks Sledger, appreciate it.