Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default photography flash website via Xara 5

I posted this under the main xara pro forum as it was initially more of an html question- how do you get a dynamicly-stretching flash site coded under xara-- you know-- shrinking or stretching to fill the browser window like some nice photographers' web sites do.

Since then, I realized flash will do this, and I'm wondering how I could emulate a certain style of website-- and whether the new v5 pro comes with any additional flash or other capabilities that could help me do this--

For example, there are some sites that have a full-sized photo as a faded backdrop to a webpage in ladnscape, and the menus are overlayed on top, so that when someone sees a portfolio, the pictures are as big as can be seen on that person's computer.

here is the effect I'm after:

http://sample333.photobiz.com/ from the site
    http://www.photobiz.com/webtemplates.cfm

(see how if you resize your browser, the picture still exactly fills it?)

I'm not so concerned with embedding a flash mp3 player, or in animating the nav buttons, but just getting a nice beautful large photo background, perhaps randomized, perhaps not, with a menu system that's on top of it, like a ribbon, to maximize space for the large photos.

I guess my whole thing is that any gallery less than full screen is only providing a certain percentage of visual impat, based on size alone. And I dont prefer to have those flash little boxes pop up with a windowto show a gallery-- they're still small. I like the whole screen used.

any ideas? or tutorials I've missed that cover this? approaches to emulating a simple site design in xara flash similar to site above?

thanks
    IP

Default Re: photography flash website via Xara 5

Tallis, I believe Sledger has already answered your sizing question. Just call the variable size page as a swf not an htm file. It will expand/shrink to fit the browser window.

Here's a photo swf that will do something like you want.

The above is half size, but if you CLICK HERE you'll see it fit your browser window size.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 09 July 2009 at 12:48 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: photography flash website via Xara 5

yes, thank you, that's why i asked if i should repost so as to not duplicate. thanks again. if anyone else has some techniques that have been successful for them, please do chime in.
    IP