Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, a lightsaber, actually. Found this site called Blenderwars http://www.blenderwars.com/frame.php?module=forum
    The models section contains very detailed pics of Star Wars, Star Trek ship and gadget models. I decided to try and model one of the simpler ones, Luke's lightsaber. But I modified the end so that he could at least use it as a club in case the batteries run out .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightsaber.jpg 
Views:	869 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	2289  

Well, a lightsaber, actually. Found this site called Blenderwars http://www.blenderwars.com/frame.php?module=forum
    The models section contains very detailed pics of Star Wars, Star Trek ship and gadget models. I decided to try and model one of the simpler ones, Luke's lightsaber. But I modified the end so that he could at least use it as a club in case the batteries run out .

Great lookin Lightsaber there Grafixman i'm still just playing around, but this looks like something I would like to try.

JohnLogan.

Looks great. I'll have to try making one of those.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Nice rending job Graphixman. Your model is cool too.

Hey hey, this looks very cool GM... I really like the texturing...

As usual, grafixman, your work is superb..

Thanks.
    It's a very primitive model, really. Just wanted to share my discovery on how to make shiny metal in Blender. Texturing is harder because there are no presets to tweak, so you have to set them up from scratch. Or append .blend files that have textures and materials you want. Doing the texture and lighting setup takes longer than modelling, for me, at least.
    Kelly, nice of you to drop by. Things are so slow in PI world that I decided to find another diversion . Learned a lot from people here. Maybe you could try your hand on 3D? A lot of PI people tried it and got hooked .

You did an excellent job texturing and lighting your image, Grafixman. I hope you don't mind, I tried my hand at making a lightsaber with the beam. Texture and lighting aren't as good as yours. I used one cylinder made editable for the saber and one cylinder with taper deformer for the beam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lightsaber4a.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	15140  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

That's fantastic, Soquili. The metal texture is just great. I think I made mine too hard and shiny. Gotta bevel my edges, too. And definitely rework the very distracting modified end.
    Any tips for making the beam? I have absolutely no idea on where to start...