Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Arrow Re: Who needs a Ray Gun when you've got XX...

Harry.

You say you are not completely happy with your dartboard?
    And you ask for improvements?

Well, from what I have seen, just on 'talkgraphics', there will be many who can suggest much.

One thing I can tell you Harry, 'everything is relative'.

You are looking for improvements, whilst I would be grateful if you posted DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS on how you made this Dartboard !!!

Here is the relativity bit.
    "Relatively speaking, you are a master compared to me."

Rik.

Default Re: Who needs a Ray Gun when you've got XX...

Harry,

Don't remember the dartboard, but I think it looks excellent. Not sure why you would be unhappy with it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Even I had almost forgotten about that dartboard. It looks better than I remember it.

Now that I take another look at the drawing, I think the problem I'm having with it is that it's too 'sterile'. I think the board and the wall need a bunch of holes in them and everything needs to be 'grunged up' some. Dimming the lighting around the dartboard then adding a spotlight on the board would also help. Add a couple of darts for effect and a few more items hanging on the wall (with accompanying holes) and that would make the scene more believable than the way it is now. At least that's my opinion. I'll have to work on all that some time when I have some more time.

Thanks for making me take a more critical look at why I really wasn't all that happy with my drawing.

Cheers,
    Harry

Or you could create rays with a custom brush. I think this would be faster to redraw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raybrush.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	74043  

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Very cool tutorial Harry. I usually use Spray a very convenient and useful little utility written by Dmitry. It is Free from Dmitry's site It works with all versions of Xara Xtreme, and Web designer too.
    Thanks for the link.

My virus program (Avast!) however says there's a trojan in spx-dxf.exe on this page:

http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by/spx.htm

A false positive I suppose, but who knows, the page may have been hacked or something?
    Last edited by tellurian; 08 July 2010 at 02:53 PM.

Well I've consulted Avast about the trojan, they confirm that something suspicious seem to be going on here, so be careful with that file. I've sent an email to the owner of the site about it.

The reply from Avast can be read here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=61598.0