Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Everything loads to the right on my screen

I have got somewhat of a handle on HTML, script, and so on. There is one thing I have noticed though, mainly through this forum, that all of the sites created by Web Designer, sometimes load to the right on my monitor. Does anybody else witness this? It goes like this...... I click on the web link, it loads to the right on my monitor (rather than centered). I can click my browser refresh button, and the website will then load in the center of the screen as it should. Any tips or theories?

Default Re: Everything loads to the right on my screen

What browser do you use?
    John.

I was on the latest version of IE 7. I have 8 now, but it did it with seven too. I doesnt always do it. Just sometimes. It's not any prob. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it that way

I had this happen as well a few times, but only seemed to happen in the viewer, but then when I asked a client to go to his site, it happened in his IE6 browser. He said "hmmm...it's all off the right side of the page" - asked him to refresh the page and it centered.

There must be some sort of anamoly with the positioning, as I saw a similar complaint in another thread, but it seemed there to be limited to preview mode...

Would welcome any answers as well.

This is probably some sort of IE bug. I have never seen such behavior in neither IE version I've tested (6,7,8), and according to what you say it's not quite regular. As you can easily see, WD exports the same HTML every time you do export or preview of the same design, so the problem is not in the exported code.
    I could try to work around this issue as I did in many cases for many other browser specific quirks, but I have to catch it first. So far no luck.
    John.

I believe it is a problem with IE.

Occasionally previewing or view a website IE (version 7 and 8) will display everything shifted to the right. Refresh (F5 key or click the refresh button on the address bar) cleans things up.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update