Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Hosting my web site

Hi, Can anyone help with a problem I have hosting the site. Background; I have previously written web sites in dreamweaver and hosted on 123-reg. This time I have chosen Xara and have put together a 26 page site. (all these are in the same file). I have gone into page properties and titled the page index.htm (as i would have done in dreamweaver). I am using filezila to ftp to the server.
    Problem; when you then try to get to the web site on the net, a clear page with an index is all that is brought up and if you click the 'index.htm' link the site is not displayed.

To test the hosting package is working I have up loaded a single page written in dreamweaver, that works perfectly.

Have I messed up with 26 pages all in one file? should each of these been seperate (as in dreamweaver)?
    Is the problem the page title? Or have I just missed a vital bit of instruction??

Anyone help please???

Rich.

Default Re: Hosting my web site

hi rich - i think we seem to have the same situation. all the pages i want to save xx5 wants to save as index.htm, thus overwriting everything else...
    i do hope you have backups...
    gg
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Hi gg, Yep all my pages default to index.htm as well. It would appear we have the same problem. Lets hope someone out there has the answer!
    Cheers,
    Rich.

Most host's default is for index.html so you'll have to delete the old index file [or rename it, e.g. oldindex.html] then the new index.htm will be the one loaded
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by ggsmit View Post
    hi rich - i think we seem to have the same situation. all the pages i want to save xx5 wants to save as index.htm, thus overwriting everything else...
    Only one page is exported as index.htm
    All other pages in your project will be sequentially named unless you name the page in Web Properties>>Page>>Page filename

Name:  index_pages.png
Views: 168
Size:  2.5 KB

If you have a new project with multi pages which you don't want to overwrite and earlier exported project, make sure you choose a different folder to export to.