Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question XWD Web Properties Placeholder

Greetings. I purchased Monoslideshow 2.0 only to discover it won't work with Lightroom so I upgraded to XWD and XXP5 in an attempt to improve my web design skills over frontpage. So far I have been unable to "replace my graphic object" (a rectangle) with monoslideshow's SWF file and have it work. Nor have I got any workable replacement HTML code that will allow monoslideshow to work. Sometimes I can get the "Preview website" to work but the Published website won't work. My goal is to get Monoslideshow 2.0 working in a placeholder in XWD so that the results are similiar to the example website (http://steveledger.net/albums/matsomotonagoya/) in the thread (Embedding SIMPLEVIEWER Flash Gallery). How do I embed a .SWF file into XWD? Any ideas? Or since this is my first post can you direct me elsewhere?

Default Re: XWD Web Properties Placeholder

Pick the placeholder object, open the Web Properties dialog box, navigate to the Placeholder tab, and browse to or put the name of the Flash file in the "Replace with Flash" option.

I've never had much luck with previewing Flash files from inside Web Designer or XX5 but after everything has been exported and FTP-ed and the SWF file is on the web host's server everything shows up fine.

I also have that same issue. My SWF files don't show up in the preview but run fine when uploaded.

put the name of the Flash file in the "Replace with Flash" option.
    Monoslideshow needs a bit more than just entering the .swf name in the 'Replace with flash' field.

It's needs to first call the .js from the <head>

So you need a small placeholder with the name <head> applied and into it place the script code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

This can be placed off the page on the grey pasteboard area.

Then the actual swf movie uses another script in a placeholder on the page where you want the slideshow to appear:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var fashvars = {};
    var params = {};
    var attributes = {};
    swfobject.embedSWF(
    "monoslideshow.swf", "fashContent",
    "480", "360", "9", false,
    fashvars, params, attributes
    );
    </script>

Though there's even more you might need to do for customization.
    Ther Monoslideshow PDF manual can be downloaded here.

Personally, it seems a bit convoluted when Picasa can create something similar for free and much easier.

I have several flash movies in a site im working on.

The trick for me has been to make sure that the movie file itself (the flv file) and its controller file (which is a swf file and a js file) be manually placed in my root directory both in my desktop set of files and in the remote web server as well.

Suzzie

I had no problems getting one Flash movie working on a page. However, when I duplicated the page, uploaded a second set of Flash files and tried to enter the new name in the 'Replace with Flash' box, the new name could not be saved. I could only get the second page working by manually editing the HTML.

Any ideas?

None at all, not run into this problem so far.
    Maybe you could attach your .web (or .xar) file for us to check?