Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with links

Hi,

i have a problem with links and IE7. I have a TEST.PDF file in the index_htm_files directory. In my WEB-project i have a link to index_htm_files/test.pdf. If i open the web-page with firefox i can click the link and the test.pdf was displayed. If i try the same with IE7 the test.pdf was not displayed. What is the problem here?
    (i use the german version of WD)

Sebastian
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Problem with links

Hello Sebastian

I tried your file in IE 8, Firefox 3, and Google Chrome and the link opened the PDF file each time.

Yes this is a browser issue rather than a XWD one.
    I would suggest two things, [1] Update to IE8 and [2] Install the latest Adobe Reader or the free Foxit Reader making sure you select all browser integration options.

Hi,

thank you for your answer. It seems this is a IE7 issue, because IE6 open the link. I think this is a security setting, but i have no idea what setting.

Sebastian

Hi,

i think i found the problem . First, the problem occures only if open the html local but the problem does not occure if i open the html from my web-space.

In the exported html-code the second line is:

HTML Code:
    <!-- saved from url=(0020)http://www.xara.com/ -->
    If i remove the "/" at the end of the url or change the (0020) to (0030) the IE7 open the PDF-Link local.

I think this is a IE7 bug.

Sebastian
    Last edited by Sebastian; 22 September 2009 at 08:16 AM.

Hi sledger,
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post

thank you for the link. I remove the "/" at the end of the url and all is ok

Sebastian
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 September 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Hmm - I think you missed the point. Never mind, so long as you're happy.

Hi Sebastian.
    Removing the last character (the slash) from this link or changing that number is equivalent to removing the entire second line of the exported html. This way you simply remove the mark of the web. If you remove the slash, it is no longer recognized as such.
    If you remove/disable mark of the web, IE7 will open your page in the local zone. This means that it will allow it to open other local resources like pdf. But it will not let it run scripts automatically so that you'll have to confirm that you want to run scripts every time you open the page.
    If it's ok for you, then simply remove the second line instead of editing it to avoid any possible problems with future IE versions.
    John.