Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Spinning GIF

Default Re: 3D Spinning GIF

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm kinda struggling with the lighting. Have you any tips for me on how to reduce the light/dark glares?
    Thanks

Click on the Show/Hide Lighting (Ctrl+Tab), start your animation, then move the lighting arrows around until you minimize the glare burst. Some trial and error is necessary because of the various shapes, bevels, extrusion depth, color schemes, etc. used in the animations. Since you've gotten this far, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. Oh, and BTW, sometimes changing the color of the lights is more effective in reducing the glare than the position of the lights, alone.

Check it out,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X3D_Lights.png 
Views:	421 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	63066  
    Last edited by HayTay; 02 July 2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Wording

Ok, thank you

Heres another attempt at a spinning GIF I did. I tried to reduce the glare on it.
    Let me know what you guys think.

http://lancashire-geocoins.co.uk/dev...n_spinning.gif
    Last edited by alexmarsh9; 07 July 2009 at 02:38 PM.

You've solved the glare problem, but I think you need to use a lighter colour on one or two or even all three of your lights. It's very dark in there.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Alex,

Post #6 and #14 both now have broken image links.
    It is for this reason that we ask you attach your images to posts at TalkGraphics.

Thanks
    Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sparkyyy.jpeg 
Views:	220 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	128681I wanna make a 3D spinning gif double sided please help me

Hi Lock,
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. It's a long time since I've used Xara3D. Here's my attempt, hope it helps you. Also attached your logo as a transparent png image used as the texture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	texture.png 
Views:	196 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	128683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coin.gif 
Views:	289 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	128684  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg, I do find it strange that a pop-up ask for a solution to a Post that is 111/2 years stale defeats me.
    Hats off to you but none to the OP who cannot be bothered to read the Posts and use the application.

I think TG etiquette should advise such posers be put as How do I questions.
    This avoid a single solution for an individual and the answer will benefit all future enquirers.

X3D > Options > Animate > Animation options > Style: Rotate + Front face only: Untick.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

egg - you will remember that bob [iamtheblues] wrote the manual for the xara 3d spinning logo, I flew the flag for inkscape vectorisation, and john [zaphodeist] and others all chipped in - all over ten years ago

in a way good to see xara 3d dusted off... it's a legacy app that has been overtaken by better ways of doing things... but if someone still wants a rotating gif for some reason it works

@ acorn - we, the members, give what we choose to give, the way we choose to give it.. the alternative is we don't
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...