Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Close All / Save Selected dialog

Sometimes it would be very nice to have a dialog like this one that pops up when you exit the application and allows you to close everything without saving or to save selected files.

It only appears when there are multiple files open that haven't been saved since their last edit, and it lists only those files. If you choose to save some files, it displays the Save As dialog for each file in turn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	close_all_files_dialog.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	62950  

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Close All / Save Selected dialog

This would be even better if it displayed a thumbnail of the drawing, to help you remember what you had drawn on each. Usually the documents I have open are titled 'Untitled X' where X is the number of the document in order that I created it (without saving). However I agree that it would be a nice addition.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Allison and Xara Devlopers:

I think NotePadPro has one of the best and simpliest implementation. It works so well!

Although they use tabs, the same could be done using Xara's window menu, and right-clicking on a filename.

Regards, John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NotePad Pro method.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	63090  

Eric, I agree that a thumbnail could be helpful sometimes, but I would only want it as a popup as in the OG. Having to wade through a browser window would totally defeat the purpose for me.

John, NoteTab's solution is nice and simple. However, it doesn't allow you to save selectively. (NoteTab Light has been my ASCII editor for years. Love it. )

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I could live with a thumbnail on drill down as in the OG. That would be just fine with me.
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.