Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Background Image for Browser Page not Lining up

I believe it's a javascript load hiccup in the IE6 engine that XWD preview uses.
    I have noticed slight anomalies like this in the past with background positioning in the preview window. Don't rely on this as the best previewing environment.
    XWD's HTML export is OK and it's fine in your regular browser.
    Please export this to HTM and test in IE8 or FF for example.
    My sample only uses tweaks from the Tweak set.

Also, please you could attach a .web file for us to look at your problem?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    As far as I can tell there is nothing in Xtreme which is hidden or in harder to find places for Web Site work or differs from XWD. Xtreme is in fact Xtreme + XWD.
    On the other hand, XWD is a subset of Xtreme, it of course, doesn't have the advanced drawing tools or setup options of Xtreme.

Perhaps you could attach a .web file for us to look at?
    not sure what .web file you wanted me to attach???

and one thing I noticed was Xtreme5 over XWD Extreme has Double Spread for web page customizing in Page options, XWD doesn't which is odd if that is part of a web design option. Though not sure when or if Double spread would have a use, but XWD seems to have less options for Page option sizing then extreme i think...

on Xtreme I noticed that Freehand Brush tool is weird, it allows you to potentially select style of brush and look of brush but when it comes down to it, anything you draw still looks like a Thin Pencil line and if you want a thicker 'brush' you have to wait until after you are done drawing each line and then set line width. I can't seem to figure out why I can't set a brush thickness and keep it without having to do extra work for each line I draw (unless I am missing something).

I was also amazed that there weren't more options for brush Sizes/widths, and possibly an eraser & smudge tool. That would have been cool. In case I want to erase part of an image without recropping it with stark shapes. Again, I am new to both softwares and most notably Xtreme5 but these are things upon first working with it that I am trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyescream View Post
    not sure what .web file you wanted me to attach???
    Background Image for Browser Page not Lining up
    One of the 1000 designs that are giving you problems with the background? Or have I misread your OP
    UGH... making nearly a 1000 designs and variations of designs over and over shifting content etc to have background line up is Frustrating...
    Seriously all these weeks and I still can't even get the background to do what I want.

and one thing I noticed was Xtreme5 over XWD Extreme has Double Spread for web page customizing in Page options, XWD doesn't which is odd if that is part of a web design option. Though not sure when or if Double spread would have a use, but XWD seems to have less options for Page option sizing then extreme i think....
    This isn't a web Page template option, it's a normal drawing page option which has been a template included with Xtreme for many versions.
    You can see the difference by opening the Object Gallery. Web templates will have MouseOff and MouseOver layer already in place.
    XWD is a subset of Xtreme, designed with basic tools and designed to be used for Web Page design.
    It's target audience is reflected in it's price (much much cheaper than Xara Xtreme or Xtreme Pro.)

on Xtreme I noticed that Freehand Brush tool is weird, it allows you to potentially select style of brush and look of brush but when it comes down to it, anything you draw still looks like a Thin Pencil line and if you want a thicker 'brush' you have to wait until after you are done drawing each line and then set line width. I can't seem to figure out why I can't set a brush thickness and keep it without having to do extra work for each line I draw (unless I am missing something).
    Yes you are. The Brush tool is a very powerful one which is too big a subject to go into here.
    Please read the Help File on this one.
    Also have a look at the Xara Brushes forum

I was also amazed that there weren't more options for brush Sizes/widths, and possibly an eraser & smudge tool. That would have been cool. In case I want to erase part of an image without recropping it with stark shapes. Again, I am new to both softwares and most notably Xtreme5 but these are things upon first working with it that I am trying to figure out.
    Because you are thinking 'pixel editing' software, Xtreme is a Vector illustration application rather than a raster/bitmap editor.
    Smudge tools and erasers are common raster tools.

now i understand the following attached .web file I am attaching may not have all the tweaks I wanted but I could not figure out how to 'drag and drop' a tweak let alone multiple tweaks into my document/page I was building. Because each tweak when unzipped was either a .xar file which treated as a seperate .xar document only to open as a New document and wouldn't allow me to drop it into a document I was already creating. The others in the download were .htm which same thing wouldn't allow me to drag and drop. And Somehow after I installed Xtreme, those files are automatically showing with Xtreme logo, if that even matters.

~
    Attached Files Attached Files

ahh thanks for the info I honestly did not know the difference between Vector and Raster so thank you ... I am so used to photoshop that some of the tools like smudge and eraser are so basic to me and something I cannot live without. My pardon.

The 1000 designs I was referring to were the nearly 1000 images I created for my background in Photoshop... shifting designs and redoing.. and trying to have images start small and one side and then the right side be more massive so that if I had to deal with a tiled wrap around, then the 2 ends would meet and sort of create the illusion of One giant full image. when in fact it was wrapped around. I did all this cause I couldn't get tweaks to drag and drop and couldn't get background to do what I wanted, so kept redesigning the background design in another program and then trying to place it into Xara and line it up how I wanted with no luck.
    So the bazillion images were actually .psd then .jpgs I created over and over, and Then placed them into a .xar/.web doc
    Hope that made sense.

Also, thx for Brushes link, I will go investigate now... phew :P

~

OK - now I see where you are getting it wrong.
    You didn't read the instructions for installing the TweakSet

Please go back to the zip file and read the manual.htm: Installation instructions

Red face Re: Background Image for Browser Page not Lining up

OK - now I see where you are getting it wrong.
    You didn't read the instructions for installing the TweakSet

Please go back to the zip file and read the manual.htm: Installation instructions

Ugh.. thx will do just that... thought I did but somehow with all the designing the tweaks were no longer showing up after I had originally loaded them Get Designs.. somehow I managed to bypass that the 3rd or 4th or 5th variation of the site with 'NEW' site creations.. then forgot to reread the Read me... which made me forget to reload them into any new or current designs I was working on....
    so much to remember... let alone the thought that I don't know the difference between Vector & Raster & still don't.... (not the academic as you can tell... just an arty farty with lots to learn still)
    sigh...
    thanks.

Background Image for Browser Page not Lining upYes you are. The Brush tool is a very powerful one which is too big a subject to go into here.
    Please read the Help File on this one.
    Also have a look at the Xara Brushes forum

um ok went to brushes forum link... how do I go about getting a brush listed there... each sort of shows up as a .xar image that once loaded is still a .xar doc that shows thumbnails inside the page in the program... is this also something like the .xar Tweak set that I must First Download/save each brush file and then open the XWD program and Load them into Bitmap gallery/Get Designs... or am I totally in the wrong field on this... please let me know as I couldn't find a post on how to download/use the brushes in that forum... it just mainly had posts for brushes but couldn't find any text on how to use them... (i would just like to find brushes that have different thicknesses so when I draw with them they can be thicker than a pencil line :P

oh, I just highlighted one of the brush images in the xtreme program and then tried 'create brush' with the image of the brush I had opened in the program highlighted. Is that how you do it?
    and Thanks so much in advance you've been very helpful again.

~

Close Xtreme

Copy brushename.xar to:

C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Xtreme Pro 5\Templates\ENG\Brushes

Re start Xtreme.

Brush is installed

This thread is way off topic now.
    I advise that instead of reading here, have a read of the Xtreme Help file under 'Search' tab query: brushes.

Hi Eyescream

A small tutorial for you.

Drwyd
    Attached Files Attached Files