Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing Background Around the Page.

First off I am a new user to XWD. Though I am not new to web design. My question is, how do I change the background color that surrounds my page? I guess you call it the work board or whatever. The background color of my page is white. The background that surrounds my page is a light Grey in the program. When I preview the page the Grey disappears and becomes white. The same as my page Background. The end result is my page has no borders and blends in with its surroundings. This look I do not want. While I am at it, if I wanted to place a texture look surrounding my page How do I get this done. Thanks for the replies and the answers.

Default Re: Changing Background Around the Page.

Welcome to TG Forums ,

This has been brought up many times.
    And it's in the Help file under 'Page Background Color'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page background color.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	63338

Sorry for the redundant question sledger. I'm sure I will have more, but next time I will try to look harder for the answer before I post.

I appreciate your quick response and I am on it. I'm quite interested in how XWD will compare to my other software programs. I use Serif WP X2 and WB wysiwyg. I do like the look of what I am doing with it right now. Thanks for your help.

Darn Steve - I never knew you could do that.

Welcome to the Web Designer conference Eagle37.

Sometimes it's faster just to ask the question.

If you had not posted this question I would not have leaned the mixing a color and Ctrl dragging and dropping the color from the color editor.

You can do this from the screen palette using Ctrl drag and drop. To reset the page to the default color right click and select Default Page Background.

Also if you want to use a repeating background pattern on your website, import the bitmap. Open the Bitmap Gallery and press Background.

The page color or page background texture will extend beyond your content and fill the viewers browser.