Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Background Image for Browser Page not Lining up

Ok, a few weeks ago I asked for advice on getting my Background image (the one that is for the browser background) to work how I want and was directed to the Tweak Set.
    I have now created LITERALLY and Nearly 1000 background images... over and over moving and shifting content and redesigning it to try and get it just right for the background to no avail.
    What I want is a Background that is NO Scroll, No Tiling (not sure but possibly static as well, unless that is causing my Center page content to not shift when browser is collapsed). I would like One large image to be used as a Background for the web browser. That DOES NOT start at the edge of the Page Background and go right and then double back around. But starts at the left of the Browser background instead. Every time I tried this, It always starts at the left behind the content Page Background and wraps around tiled. I just want the Image to start at the Very Left of my Web Browser and not repeat, not tile, not scroll (although if there is a way to make it shift a bit when I make the browser Larger or smaller I would like that so that the Center Page Content would move with it.
    I was told to use and read the tweaks set. I did this but the problem is... there were Single Background subjects and Not one that had multiples of what I needed and unfortunately I could not drag a tweak into another tweak I had opened as it is set up like a .xar

I also noticed that in Xtreme5 (which didn't have some of the ease that XWD had which was odd)... that I could click for Page Options and DOUBLE the Background spread. Which was the only way My full image would show up starting at the left of the Browser background rather than the left of the page content background. But this option was not in XWD and it then created a longer scroll at the bottom of the page.

UGH... making nearly a 1000 designs and variations of designs over and over shifting content etc to have background line up is Frustrating...
    Seriously all these weeks and I still can't even get the background to do what I want.
    Any thoughts???

Default Re: Background Image for Browser Page not Lining up

Quote Originally Posted by Eyescream View Post
    I would like One large image to be used as a Background for the web browser. That DOES NOT start at the edge of the Page Background and go right and then double back around. But starts at the left of the Browser background instead.
    Use these two tweaks simultaneously (drag and drop both to your page):
    1. Static background
    2. Don't tile background
    John.

Have a look at the attached .xar
    I have used the tweak for 'do not tile' / 'do not scroll' and thrown in a 'left-aligned page' as an extra

I also noticed that in Xtreme5 (which didn't have some of the ease that XWD had which was odd)...
    Which 'ease' is missing??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Eyescream

I had a look at your other thread and your example at http://future3.eyescreamjewelry.com/

As I understand it you want one big background that remains centred within the browser window and it is to remain fixed within it. i.e. no vertical or horizontal scrolling.

If that is the case then it is relatively simple to do. If the attached is what you are after then I will have a go at explaining it.

Drwyd
    Attached Files Attached Files

thx I will try examples again... also The 'Ease' I mentioned was not well thought out in my relaying my feelings... hard to explain, but more so a few minor things I felt were missing or too hard to find in trying to design and or view the Web page I was building in Xtreme5 that XWD had in the forefront. And Vice Versa. But I may go into detail one day in another thread but more focused on my background right now.

sledger, also, the file you attached was sort of messed up so not sure it's what I needed, but thank you so much for doing some leg work. There was an odd bar of part of the photo broken off on the mid Right hand side of the page, not sure what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwyd View Post
    Hi Eyescream

I had a look at your other thread and your example at http://future3.eyescreamjewelry.com/

As I understand it you want one big background that remains centred within the browser window and it is to remain fixed within it. i.e. no vertical or horizontal scrolling.

If that is the case then it is relatively simple to do. If the attached is what you are after then I will have a go at explaining it.

Drwyd
    Drwyd,
    YES. This was Exactly what I am trying to do. Of course with a different image but you got my drift. The only thing I would change about it is I want the Center Page Content background (not browser background) to not have anything in it (no transparencies) and Definately want the Entire center Page to go from top to bottom of the page/window w/no rounded corners. thx so much for taking the time... i may be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel (at least for my background concerns as long as I can impliment something like this into my project :P

~

sledger, also, the file you attached was sort of messed up so not sure it's what I needed, but thank you so much for doing some leg work. There was an odd bar of part of the photo broken off on the mid Right hand side of the page, not sure what it was.
    That is definately not right.
    Are you viewing in XWD preview or exported to HTML?
    The latter is advised so that you can view in your regular browser.

thx I will try examples again... also The 'Ease' I mentioned was not well thought out in my relaying my feelings... hard to explain, but more so a few minor things I felt were missing or too hard to find in trying to design and or view the Web page I was building in Xtreme5 that XWD had in the forefront. And Vice Versa.
    As far as I can tell there is nothing in Xtreme which is hidden or in harder to find places for Web Site work or differs from XWD. Xtreme is in fact Xtreme + XWD.
    On the other hand, XWD is a subset of Xtreme, it of course, doesn't have the advanced drawing tools or setup options of Xtreme.

But I may go into detail one day in another thread but more focused on my background right now.
    Perhaps you could attach a .web file for us to look at?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    That is definately not right.
    Are you viewing in XWD preview or exported to HTML?
    The latter is advised so that you can view in your regular browser.
    oops sorry, but when I went to preview inside XWD (opened it with that program) and then went to Preview Website... the odd photo bar of the right hand side of the image was repeating a bar off of the image and to the right of the page. I thought it was odd ... but upon opening it again after your 2nd post... the same thing happened, but then when I went to resize the Browser window, the bar disappeared. I then closed preview and tried to Preview again to see if it was a one off glitch, but again the bar was there and then disappeared when I resized the browser. So I'm not sure why it is doing that, and just wanted to point out something I noticed. But yea, must be a glitch I have with either the file, preview or who knows and not necessarily indicative of your work.
    ... and not quite sure how to export it to html... is that something you do after you open it inside XWD? for previewing?
    p.s. if by Exporting to HTML you mean... Exporting html to your web address and publishing, I don't do that everytime until I am happy with my design.

thx.
    Last edited by Eyescream; 30 June 2009 at 04:27 AM.