Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi there
    i'm asked to created a brochure and i would like to do it using corel xara...this would be like an a4 page folded in 2 which i would print on my epson inkjet 600.
    there is to be some pictures and text on all (4) pages..now is there an existing template for this type of brochures ?if not can someone advise me on how to set-up such a template using xara2?
    and finally i do i set up my printer to print on both sides?
    i can be contacted privately at doobs50@hotmail.com

thanks

god created the world in 6 days andon the 7th she rendered.
    IP

hi there
    i'm asked to created a brochure and i would like to do it using corel xara...this would be like an a4 page folded in 2 which i would print on my epson inkjet 600.
    there is to be some pictures and text on all (4) pages..now is there an existing template for this type of brochures ?if not can someone advise me on how to set-up such a template using xara2?
    and finally i do i set up my printer to print on both sides?
    i can be contacted privately at doobs50@hotmail.com

thanks

god created the world in 6 days andon the 7th she rendered.
    IP

You can set Xara to work with "Facing pages", and if you set the paper orientation to A4 landscape, that gives you the setup you need for your leaflet.

See the attached file for an example of a document already set-up like that. I've also drawn a dotted line down the middle of each of the two pages, and numbered the resulting "pages" of your leaflet 1 to 4. Obivously the dotted line is where the fold goes.

For the printing bit, just print 10 copies of the first page (File -> Print -> Left Pages), then take the printed copies from your printer, turn them around, and put them back into the paper tray. Print 10 copies of the second page (File -> Print -> Right Pages), and you're away.

Remember that your printer will not print at the bottom of each sheet of paper, so leave 3/4" to 1" for this at the bottom of each sheet. This equates to the margin of Page 1 and Page 3 in the leaflet.
    IP

thanks for the template daniel!
    IP

should have been a smiley!
    IP