Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info International Character Chart (plus Symbols) and More! at BLAMBOT - FREE Resources

While Xara Xtreme has a some easily accessible special characters © (Ctrl+Alt+C), ® (Ctrl+Alt+R), (Ctrl+Alt+T), (Ctrl+Alt+B), and a few others, I sometimes have need for additional characters like ¢, £, º, ¹, ², ³, ±, ¼, ½, ¾, è, é, etc. Traditionally, I open the Windows Character Map application and insert the ones I want or quickly look them up using Google. Unfortunately, that usually means switching applications and losing my flow when typing.

While looking for some cool comic fonts on BLAMBOT.COM, I went exploring and came across 'The BLAMBOT Chart of International Characters'. It's very nicely done and large enough to see from a couple of feet away when pinned on the wall. It has already come in handy several times. As a matter of fact, this post was composed much quicker because of it! And it's FREE!!!

So, if you have need of a nice International Character Chart, you now know of at least one place you can go to get one. It would be really nice printed double sided then laminated.

If you're looking for some cool comic fonts and lettering, BLAMBOT appears to be the place to go. Be sure to check out their slew of Free and Pro Fonts, Articles about Comics, Fonts, & Logos, and nice collection of FREE Vector Dialog Balloons and Vector Comic Book Sound Effects on their Resources page. Altogether a very nice resource for anyone looking to make, or currently making, comic books, comic strips, graphic novels, etc.

Enjoy,
    Harry
    Last edited by HayTay; 28 June 2009 at 06:46 PM.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: International Character Chart (plus Symbols) and More! at BLAMBOT - FREE Resource

Harry,

That assumes that you have a number pad and aren't using xtreme on a laptop....

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: International Character Chart (plus Symbols) and More! at BLAMBOT - FREE Resource

Not exactly. Although I was using that assumption, most laptops do have a built in number pad that most people either don't know about or don't use. Usually it can be activated using the Function Key (Fn) and another key, usually NumLock, NLock, NL or some similarly named key. Sometimes the NumLock has a dedicated key, but, most of the time it is shared with another key so you may have to look hard to hunt it down. Once activated the M . / J K L ; U I O P 7 8 9 0 keys can be used for numeric input just like the number pad on a standard desktop keyboard. When you're finished, press the Fn+NumLock key combo again to resume typing normally.

Give it a shot, it's worth a try,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laptop Keyboard with NumPad Function.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	62863  
    Last edited by HayTay; 28 June 2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Wording

As the Birdseye Pizza advert used to say, "That's 'andy 'arry."
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thanks HayTay, handy sure enough. I'm always poking around looking for these special characters.
    Phil Thompson

Y'elcome! Although I'm just the messenger who made the announcement.

Special thanks should be directed to BLAMBOTs and the BLAMBOTians for making such nice resources freely available.