Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Publish to Web Site, works once only

When I published my web pages, it worked fine, but when I updated the pages it kept the old ones and did not overwrite the copies on the server. I had to use my usual uploader to delete all the files and then re-publish. Is there a setting I am missing, or should I just always manually upload them?

Default Re: Publish to Web Site, works once only

It may be that your machine is holding a copy of the original site in your cache, when in IE or FF viewing your site if you hold down ctrl and press f5 at the same time this will clear your cache and force a fresh re-load direct from your server.

If its not this Ihave no idea on that sorry, but would recc always using a seperate ftp prog rather than the one built into WD there has been a few issues with this built in feature.

Unhappy Re: Publish to Web Site, works once only

Yes, thank you. I did refresh, several times, then checked with my file manager program that is available through the ISP. Unix server prevents overwrite of files by default unless it receives the specific command to overwrite them. In my file manager a checkbox is available to use the overwrite feature. It is sad that I now have to manually upload the files, as there are very many now. I can only upload about 8 at a time. I will attempt to re-install some of the many FTP programs I have installed in the past.

Thank you.